Let's keep talking reverb.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm testing the NI RC24/48 the exponential audio r2 and valhalla vintage verb.
Like them all. The RC 24/48 sound really cool. And they are quick and easy to use.
The rc 24 could be used as a kind of aural exciter.

i love valhallas verbs. love valhallaplate verb immensely

When I was vst, the NI was one of my favs for sure. Softube is a great company, did a bang up job with those.

Valhalla room just fits some time.
EW spaces is cool to.

If I can get the scratch together, Phoenixverb will be mine this month. It just works so well bringing stuff together. That as my clear reverb, Valhalla for the coloured stuff, Reverberate for convolution. SORTED :)

I like EOS from Audio Damage for effect reverbs. I was trying to use it for everything, but I just had trouble getting a natural space feeling out of it. Valhalla Room solved that problem. I want to try their Vintage Verb, Shimmer, and Plate eventually, but for now I have what I need.

I tried to like Ableton's built-in verbs but they just didn't click for me. I still use them for occasional workhorse stuff (i.e. lengthening a snare sound) but Valhalla Room is on a whole other level.

I am a reverb junkie for sure. My current favorites:

Exponential PhoenixVerb (natural) and R2 (classic digital/Lexicon sound)

ValhallaPlate (everyone needs this for EMT 140 sound and more)

LX480 (having the 480L ITB is pretty cool)

RC 24 (don't really need the 48 while I have LX480)

This is a great time for ITB reverbs.

Nick

With the RC48, You can pull sounds together Quicker than with the LX 480.
It is cool to have the extra controls of the Lx480. When going through The lx 480
pcm91 presets, I got a nasty noise that registered 100.00 db on the cubase meter.

bill45, always put the cubase master limiter (in isp mode) on the master bus. It's just a few un noticeable samples of latency and can save ears and speakers. i always have something protecting my volume for bugs like this. I remember many plugins in Logic a few years back would do random noise bursts then cut out all sound of the project with a huge POP.

Under the limiter, i put the FREE cerberus automute called ice9. Just set it to 0db and it will automute if anything ever goes above it. No latency and no cpu usage to speak of.

Hope that helps, and you should report that bug to relab.

The NI RC48 is a lovely verb but it really is just a general 480 approximation not a proper emulation, and honestly it can't hold a candle to lx480. I haven't seen any bugs with lx480 myself i must admit.
I prefer the RC24 which has gorgeous modulation.

Love Valhalla pluggies - wish they made them into effects pedals too!

Some surprise reverb discoveries lately have been Minimal Systems reverbs which have very creative uses - and a free VST called 'Cinematic Reverb' which does something amazing - it adds super realistic weight to the bottom end and a lofi tinge that just makes dull pianos sound like they're onstage in an auditorium.

Thanks Theo, luckily I wasn't monitoring too loud.
I'll try that. RC 24 $74, RC24 and RC48 $99.

I always thought EW Spaces was a great sounding convolution verb. Never bought it though because it was more than I wanted to pay and whenever it went on sale, I was too broke. I've been happy with Valhalla Plate,Vintage, and Room. I also have Reverberate, Cubase's convolution but I can typically get most jobs done with Valhalla.
I'll have to revisit the NI RC24 and RC48 that came with Komplete 10 Ult. They didn't strike me as being special when I first checked them out but I didn't spend much time with them. Never enough time!

the problem with conversations like these is eventually they just turn into an...echo chamber

djshire wrote:the problem with conversations like these is eventually they just turn into an...echo chamber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

I have yet to find a plugin that comes close to the creativity of the BigSky guitar pedal - but that did cost me over $500. Valhalla VintageVerb is the lushest I've found in the plugin world.

A band from here in New Zealand called Jakob used Valhalla all over their new album - on the guitars with volume swells + delay/analog filter pedals to make huge pad-like sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D3cG03-0Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7swYZ08e8g

Return to “Effects”