soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

ok i wanna upgrade now to V5 but do the projects re-load all instances and settings correctly from V4? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes and no - they load the right patch (ie it sounds right which is the main thing) but the patchname is no longer visible in the preset panel because the patch location has changed - so take note of patchnames in projects if you need to know this.

aMUSEd wrote:Yes and no - they load the right patch (ie it sounds right which is the main thing) but the patchname is no longer visible in the preset panel because the patch location has changed - so take note of patchnames in projects if you need to know this.
thanks a lot! ok, as far as they load fine im all good :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

so is V5 still buggy ? how fast are the fixes/updates coming ?

I've not found any bugs.

Am I missing something about the rack, or is it really *just* for saving chains of Soundtoys plugins?

I went ahead and bought the bundle because I'll use the individual plugins, but again... unless I'm missing something, I would love to see routing capability within the rack much like you see with NI's Guitar Rig.

Oh well. I still own Kore 2 and then Blue Cat's PatchWork looks cool.

Save chains with it and make it feedback and mix. Some of the plugins have new tweak menus and more range in dial knobs.

Jax Pok wrote:Save chains with it and make it feedback and mix. Some of the plugins have new tweak menus and more range in dial knobs.
But unless I've missed something, none of this is unique to the rack.... well other than saving the plugin chain.

elxsound wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Save chains with it and make it feedback and mix. Some of the plugins have new tweak menus and more range in dial knobs.
But unless I've missed something, none of this is unique to the rack.... well other than saving the plugin chain.
Only the feedback function is unique to the rack, feed the output into the input, that makes for some pretty spectacular results occasionally, but you could of course also set that up in your DAW. I would hope for some kind of Macro controls in the rack, where one could assign numerous parameters to a single controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVaROF ... Ofytx7JXj2

Sampleconstruct wrote:
elxsound wrote:
Only the feedback function is unique to the rack, feed the output into the input, that makes for some pretty spectacular results occasionally, but you could of course also set that up in your DAW. I would hope for some kind of Macro controls in the rack, where one could assign numerous parameters to a single controller.

Have they mentioned any plans to further develop the rack, or will this be it?

Again, I bought the bundle for the plugins so its not a big deal, but I am a bit miffed that they makes such a fuss over the rack on their website, saying it "the center piece of Soundtoys 5."

I would love macros, more routing option (imagine being able to split the signal within the rack) and LFO modules (just like you find in Guitar Rig 5).

elxsound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
elxsound wrote:

Have they mentioned any plans to further develop the rack, or will this be it?

Again, I bought the bundle for the plugins so its not a big deal, but I am a bit miffed that they makes such a fuss over the rack on their website, saying it "the center piece of Soundtoys 5."

I would love macros, more routing option (imagine being able to split the signal within the rack) and LFO modules (just like you find in Guitar Rig 5).
Yes, LFOs would be very cool too - but the recent Melda multi-FX-thing is probably the way to go for stuff like this (which I don't own/use yet, maybe later).

This may sound contradictory: I'm glad I bought it, but I haven't really heard anything out of it that blows away all of my other effects. Yes, I appreciate the level of twiddling you can do from the tweak panels, but nothing pushed my wig back in the presets. I do appreciate the knobs working smoothly, and so far, totally bug-free operation. I have a little trouble reading the labels, but resizeable UI's just don't resonate with enough devs these days, obviously. I'll dive deeper and probably appreciate these more.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

elxsound wrote: Have they mentioned any plans to further develop the rack, or will this be it?

Agreed. I was under the impression the rack was going to be all that; macros, routing, modulation etc.

I'm still at a loss as to what they spent all this time coding ? Are they semi-retired or something ?

Personally, I find it compelling enough that the rack has the feedback control. Although I would rather see a more sophisticated routing matrix. I find I'm mostly using ST as a complex effect chain, utilizing feedback as part of the process. I haven't used The individual plugins on their own at all.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Yes, LFOs would be very cool too - but the recent Melda multi-FX-thing is probably the way to go for stuff like this (which I don't own/use yet, maybe later).
Indeed, melda mxxx is fantastic for all those things...
btw i'm wondering why you didn't participate in the preset action half a year ago.
My impression was that this would be the perfect plug in for you... ;-)

Return to “Effects”