SoundToys Little Altar Boy free today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but, soundtoys.com has their pitch shifting plug free today. It requires an ilok account.

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-alterboy/

Awesome, thanks for the info :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

generous gift, I finally got it too. :)
however, the amount of latency and CPU used, I expected a bit better quality, still a pretty good plug IMHO

WTF? I thought they did not require Ilok anymore? :?

Edit: got it - it still relies on ILok of course, just not neccessarily on a dongle anymore...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Whats the purpose of getting a free plugin when you can't get it?
It says "invalid login" even after several password resets...
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Just went through the process only to find out that my os (Vista) needs a legacy ilok installer... which is incompatible with Alterboy as it needs the latest ilok manager. Just a heads up for anyone using Vista/xp. :(
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Just went through the process only to find out that my os (Vista) needs a legacy ilok installer... which is incompatible with Alterboy as it needs the latest ilok manager. Just a heads up for anyone using Vista/xp. :(
Did you try the ilok installer for vista that comes with the soundtoys installation?? did you check your soundtoys installation directory?? :tu:

klinik wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Just went through the process only to find out that my os (Vista) needs a legacy ilok installer... which is incompatible with Alterboy as it needs the latest ilok manager. Just a heads up for anyone using Vista/xp. :(
Did you try the ilok installer for vista that comes with the soundtoys installation?? did you check your soundtoys installation directory?? :tu:
When I started Reaper - and it started it's plugin scan - it found Alterboy and stated something along the lines of 'your version of ilok is incompatible with this plugin - please update'. I was using the Vista legacy version of the ilok installer V2.4.7 after reading about the info about V2.6.0 and above needing Windows 7.

There wasn't any ilok installer that came with the soundtoys installer.

Yes it is: check your soundtoys directory in /program files/soundtoys/utilities/

There are two installers inside, one of them is: License Support Win64 XP Vista
your welcome...

klinik wrote:Yes it is: check your soundtoys directory in /program files/soundtoys/utilities/

There are two installers inside, one of them is: License Support Win64 XP Vista
your welcome...
Thanks for the info - will reinstall and have a look.

If you reinstall it will ask to install the LLC at the end of the installation. :tu:

Thanks for your help on this - installed and working :tu:

Can't get it to work on my pc... I am currently using Bitwig Studio and put the .dll file in my plugin directory and it doesn't show up in my DAW. I have made sure it is activated with iLok, does anyone know what is wrong?

Please help! :cry:

Thanks!

one of the best, most generous freebies of all time.. i mean this is a great plugin ;) Kudos, soundtoys.

I already have this for free :shrug:

Return to “Effects”