Despot - hard hitting ZDF compressor with antialiasing - development snapshots

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dekadenz wrote:Notes: muted audio on ratio change is not a bug
Ratio change?
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

Ratio-change as in change of ratio - what's not to understand?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Ratio-change as in change of ratio - what's not to understand?
Nice one, smart guy. Have you ever even opened the plugin?

I've been beta testing this for months.
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

He's talking about oversampling ratios (OS in the GUI), check the previous page(s).

Hey.

For the next possible readers, indeed, I meant oversampling ratio. This compressor has fixed knee, only infinity (full limiting), assumed no one will mistake one ratio by other.

I'm alright now, but have almost no spare time by far. It was coded initially in quite a happy time, I did nothing but this free project and had a source of income plus extra something.

I presume it's ok for a free project, already released something workable and enjoyable, it has no major bugs (except of oversampling in some hosts that does not support dynamic latency compensation like supposed). In such hosts it can be used without internal oversampling, if you want oversampling just set your project rate 176.4 or 192 kHz.

If I will be lucky I will have a spare time for the compressor this autumn.

dekadenz wrote:I'm alright now
that's of importance and good to hear.

cheers,
tl.

So glad my colleague turned me on to you. I can't wait to give your compressor a go at it. Thanks so very much for the effort and the art of your design.
There is passion in all that we endeavor, though at times we go astray...

Hi,
I read about this comp on a beatles drum gearslutz topic and it looks like perfect for it, I don't know if it was reffered to the original script for reaper or to the plugin itself.
Anyway I would be interesred about knowing which one is the best oriented towards the original requester specs?(that is why I am also interested on same esrly beatles drum sound)

I am on mac, still no mac version?

Could you explain about it, please?

Thanks!

REALLY REALLY BIG SHAME... this seems to have fallen off a cliff. Hope dev is well all the same. Happy New year Everyone.

Thanks. Will give it a shot. :)

Return to “Effects”