Yamaha Reface CS UK/Europe group buy

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Would it be ok if I posted the link to my group buy campaign here? I am trying to win myself and other interested parties a discount on this synth.

https://yamaha-reface-cs.mautic.com/

Kind regards,
Mike

is it true that it doesn't have any preset memory?
how would you get around that? or is it so simple that you
don't need preset memory?(sorry lol, hope that doesn't
dampn enthusiasm, it sounds ok from that YT vid)

Only Reface DX has preset memory - 32 locations.

I kinda liked the sounds in some of the videos. Dunno how close to a cs 50/60/80 but kinda sorta similar. You can get the effect of dual oscillators, though apparently not dual hpf/lpf/envelopes. So however close, maybe dual oscillators and 8 voice polyphony slightly more similar to cs 80. Or a dual oscillator cs 60.

Microscopic sized sliders are a bummer, but otoh the original cs series had a lot of yamahas little "rotary lever sliders" also seen on some of their organs of the period. The rotary lever sliders didn't have a long throw either but were fairly usable.

Why oh why didn't they make the panel twice as big with no keyboard? A desktop model? Who's gonna use those tiny keys anyway?

My cs60 had no user presets. Just resistor-set rather awful factory preset patches on organ-type tabs, and a live front panel. I kept thinking about changing some resistors and putting some useful presets in there, but can't recall ever doing so.

I played 6 night live gigs with cs60 and an odyssey and such for several years. Just got real prcticed moving lots of sliders real quick between songs.

If a person would want the genuine experience of having a cs, by rights there should be no user preset storage, just like the real deal. :) The only way to make it more realistic would be to include a bunch of non editable factory patches that sound worse than a child's toy casio. :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”