short circuit on win 7 8 10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quick question
im using short circuit 1 in vista with no probs, and remember a forum post where someone said it doesnt work on win 8 or something, so can someone confirm that sc 1 works on win 7 win 8 win 10.

if someone can say 32 bit works on one of those, i'll be happy, thanks

Version 1 works great here on Win 7---

32bit works here on 8.1 & Cubase 6

works fine for me - windows 8 and Reaper

awesome, thanks for replies.

so i bought win 7 and upgraded vista. woke up and loaded fl studio, and none of my songs play without crackles and glitches. totally unusable

gonna have to look online, see whats going wrong, i thought 7 was meant to be an improvement lol.

_al_ wrote:so i bought win 7 and upgraded vista. woke up and loaded fl studio, and none of my songs play without crackles and glitches. totally unusable
Are you using ASIO4ALL or got a dedicated soundmodule/soundcard ?

well i first tried with asio4all, then i tried with the new FLasio, then i tried with the realtek onboard, and asio4all was the best, but is still crackling on projects that only take 50% on vista.

one thing i did notice, before i went to work this morning i quickly switched off all zebrify instances in a song, and it played back with no probs, but i dont know if that was a zeb prob or just a cpu/win7 prob. had about 5 instances of zeb on a 2.66 duo, which vista can handle with no probs.

anyway, i just formatted my game partition, and put vista back on. in the process of setting that back up, so i'll just take little attempts at fixing w7 when i can be bothered.

the difference seems a bit extreme though, tbh

cheers for the help

I don't think it's normal. I would have tried to delete FL Studio's settings, so it's back to default settings, and you can configure it again. Or, if that fails, uninstall, delete all settings, and reinstall FL Studio. Also make sure to use the latest sound card drivers. If that all fails, try to uninstall and reinstall ASIO4ALL. I know, a lot of work, but i guess there is a flaw somewhere linked to the update. If you don't mind reinstalling all your stuff, and backing up your files, i'd even recommend a fresh install of Windows 7. Of course, if that's not too much hassle.

yeah i think a fresh install would be the best bet here. as you say, something isnt normal, so i'm gonna give that a go sometime this week if possible.
thanks

Return to “Instruments”