Arturias thinking?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Krezie wrote:As examigan posted too already; I would certainly like better (scalable) gui's on the Arturia softsynths so they can make optimal use of modern screens. I do like most of their synths, but those gui's....
Would be a nice upgrade (V3 ??) :)
+1 Scaleable GUI's would be a big incentive to buy into their older plugs

Numanoid wrote:
Krezie wrote:As examigan posted too already; I would certainly like better (scalable) gui's on the Arturia softsynths so they can make optimal use of modern screens. I do like most of their synths, but those gui's....
Would be a nice upgrade (V3 ??) :)
+1 Scaleable GUI's would be a big incentive to buy into their older plugs
I just got the note from one of the Arturia frontoffice, we can expect updates incl. scaleable GUI in two months time. I don't know if this concerns the whole palette but e.g. the Vox.

Btw, didn't know that the CS-80 is 12 years old emulation. What a great plugin! - they've really been ahead of the time in modelling. My favorites: SEM, Vox and CS-80, Mini is great, too.

New products such as the Spark2 unfortunately do not reach the level of hardware modelling. I think that Spark is not yet a complete product, just a sketch.

AFAIK Origin was a good idea that flopped and like many complex hardware synths had lingering bugs in its OS.

Otherwise, I hypothesize that the guy who has appeared in many of Arturia's recent tutorial videos, Glenn Darcy, might have something to do with the release of the line of new products, which in my opinion are very well done. The way he talks about the products in the Arturia videos gives me the impression that he is a real synth lover and very much into making good product.

There may also have been an influx of cash due to increased sales from the Minibrute line.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Harry_HH wrote: I just got the note from one of the Arturia frontoffice, we can expect updates incl. scaleable GUI in two months time. I don't know if this concerns the whole palette but e.g. the Vox.
It's true that we are working on this but it definitely won't be ready in two months. Expect it in 2016.

Concerning the original post, we started the Origin project in 2006 and this took a lot of time and resources to get it done for the very small company we were at that time.

Kevin

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: I just got the note from one of the Arturia frontoffice, we can expect updates incl. scaleable GUI in two months time. I don't know if this concerns the whole palette but e.g. the Vox.
It's true that we are working on this but it definitely won't be ready in two months. Expect it in 2016.

Kevin
Great news Kevin :tu:

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:

Kevin
Oh this is great news :D Does that GUI enhancements cover synths like ARP 2600 V and Modular V?

Hello.

All the plugins who are not discontinued will be resizable.

Which means, all the plugins included in the VC4 plus the forthcoming new plugins.

Kindly

Edouard

Edouard Arturia wrote:Hello.

Which means, all the plugins included in the VC4 plus the forthcoming new plugins.

Kindly

Edouard
Being resizable, "per se", although good, would not be of great help. What we would need, IMO, is a dedicated "edit" screen, where we would get rid of the extra elements (like the keyboard, the upper part of the panels, etc.), and leave us with just the controls for editing. The old Korg Legacy instruments (MS-20 and Polysix) are good exemples of this. You have the "normal" panel, which is the equiuvalent to the hardware, and then you have the edit panel, which brings just the edit knobs. CS-80 and Jupiter-8, in particular, would take great benefit of na approach like this.

OH, and while we're at it, a new patch format that stores the patches with real names, instead of the current gibberish would be welcome, and would make the file management way easier.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Edouard Arturia wrote:Hello.

Kindly

Edouard
Being resizable, "per se", although good, would not be of great help. What we would need, IMO, is a dedicated "edit" screen, where we would get rid of the extra elements (like the keyboard, the upper part of the panels, etc.), and leave us with just the controls for editing. The old Korg Legacy instruments (MS-20 and Polysix) are good exemples of this. You have the "normal" panel, which is the equiuvalent to the hardware, and then you have the edit panel, which brings just the edit knobs. CS-80 and Jupiter-8, in particular, would take great benefit of na approach like this.

OH, and while we're at it, a new patch format that stores the patches with real names, instead of the current gibberish would be welcome, and would make the file management way easier.
Good point. Arturia plugins have so many fine details (I know, not all like the opening panels etc. but I think these are 95 % elegantly implemented) that its pity if tweaking some of the parameters is unpractical, even impossible (example of impossible function in the present version is the Vox fx, which is located bottom of the view and won't show in my laptop at all, nor can you move the plugin in the position where you could reach the fx launch).
If the resizing function is intelligent, you don't need extra dedecated edit screens, I think. It all depends how the zoom in/out is implemented. Just a 'corner handle' is not good enough. I'm sure Arturia finds out an innovative AND elegant way if they just put enough effort to this.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The news that Arturia has recognised the need for larger GUIs and is working on it is really welcome.

Numanoid wrote:Why did it take almost 5 years between Jupiter 8V and SEM V ?

And why did they release so many plugs in 2014 ?
Maybe they had some internal problems to finish products after Xavier Oudin left Arturia? He was with my knowledge the main developer for most of the older emulations and left Arturia 2005 to co-found Eiosis (together with Fabrice Gabriel) and later started with Xils (2008). It would not surprise me if Arturia hired him again to finish some products.

4damind wrote:Maybe they had some internal problems to finish products after Xavier Oudin left Arturia? He was with my knowledge the main developer for most of the older emulations and left Arturia 2005 to co-found Eiosis (together with Fabrice Gabriel) and later started with Xils (2008). It would not surprise me if Arturia hired him again to finish some products.
Thank for the info, I didn't know that, it seems like an explanation of it yes.

Numanoid wrote:
murnau wrote:It's easy to see that beely is perfectly on topic. Maybe you need a break Numa? :D
Whaddayamean, one of the questions in OP is:

Why did it take almost 5 years between Jupiter 8V and SEM V ? ...
I think, and I might be wrong, that they were preparing their big jump into the hardware world during this time. When you think of it, its a completely different work : You have to master/control industrial process, run quality tests wich are long, cope with physical stocks, resellers, etc etc.

Just an idea though.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Wow... are these Arturia guys like The Ramones, or what?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Harry_HH wrote:Btw, didn't know that the CS-80 is 12 years old emulation.
Yeah, it was before I got into using plugins, time really does fly:
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/arturia_cs ... d_aes_1267

It must have blown some heads when it got released for sure.

Return to “Instruments”