"Should I buy Reaktor?"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

'Should I buy Reaktor for €399 or should I just wait till it's €99?'

That pricing scheme is really devious. Obviously they plan to make most of their sales when its €99.

Contradict me KVR.

they have sales on these items normally once or twice a year, but they also show up pretty regularly in the marketplace

you should buy it if you feel ready to create your own synth ( okay you have access to the user database of NI...)

overhishead wrote:'Should I buy Reaktor for €399 or should I just wait till it's €99?'

That pricing scheme is really devious. Obviously they plan to make most of their sales when its €99.

Contradict me KVR.
I don't think I've ever seen Reaktor at $99. The other option is to buy it from the KVR Marketplace: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... r#p6222094

I have REAKTOR 5 for sale in the Marketplace here for $150.00 if you are interested

Reaktor has become one of the best values in a software plugin out there. Even if you never create one of your own instruments/FX, you could easily create some very elaborate productions using only the included instruments and FX and those available in the incredible user's library.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Phase47 wrote:
overhishead wrote:'Should I buy Reaktor for €399 or should I just wait till it's €99?'

Contradict me KVR.
I don't think I've ever seen Reaktor at $99. The other option is to buy it from the KVR Marketplace: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... r#p6222094

In the lasts years, every 18 months, aprox., it has been on sale for 99.
dedication to flying

€399 is way too expensive. I'm sure that you can get an older version of Komplete (like Komplete 7) for that money (or less) here in KVR that includes Reaktor 5 plus all the other extras.

geroyannis wrote:€399 is way too expensive. I'm sure that you can get an older version of Komplete (like Komplete 7) for that money (or less) here in KVR that includes Reaktor 5 plus all the other extras.
if you're planning to buy komplete anytime in the future it could also be a good idea to get the free drummic'a for kontakt, then wait for the next big sale and upgrade cheaply to the full package.

in case you really just want reaktor i would strongly advice you to wait - not because it's not worth the money, but simply because the 99 dollars sale will come. i bought it for that price myself about 18 months ago. and not all too long before that they already had the same sale - so i guess you shouldn't have to wait too long :tu:

Or just get the Komplete bundle, might be a new one out soon but even the existing one is a good investment, has Reaktor and much much more. You could also use the Reaktor Player (free) for a while to try out various ensembles that work with the free version.

Well if you pick reaktor in one of it's 99 sales, then it becomes the cheaper way to get Komplete U, in a crosgrade offer you will pay 450 only.
dedication to flying

399 for Reaktor isn't way too expensive. It's well worth that amount. The fact is we're accustomed to the infrequent 99 sales, used prices, or bundles. And that's fair enough...but if those options didn't exist, and even despite their existence, I don't agree that 399 is too expensive for a software as powerful, tweakable, programmable and amazing sounding as Reaktor.

imo. ymmv.

Wait until it goes on sale. Better yet, check out the dumpsters behind the major chain stores. Once Reaktor's sell-by date is exceeded they sometimes throw it away along with the other perishables. But wait! Reaktor is non-perishable!

Daags wrote:399 for Reaktor isn't way too expensive. It's well worth that amount. The fact is we're accustomed to the infrequent 99 sales, used prices, or bundles. And that's fair enough...but if those options didn't exist, and even despite their existence, I don't agree that 399 is too expensive for a software as powerful, tweakable, programmable and amazing sounding as Reaktor.

imo. ymmv.
Was thinking the same thing...

Yes, YMMV, but to me (also) it is worth every penny of that asking price, but despite that, it is hard to knowingly pay that much when their sales are so frequent.

$99 is their usual sale price, and even in the market place you can pick it up for $99 or less if you are quick and lucky.

You don't even have to be interested in building in Reaktor to benefit from owning it. There's so much great content out there, both free and payware to justify picking this up.

rod_zero wrote:
Phase47 wrote:

Contradict me KVR.

In the lasts years, every 18 months, aprox., it has been on sale for 99.
That's a great deal.

Return to “Instruments”