Alchemy available in logic now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro

Jace-BeOS wrote:Retina isn't bullshit marketing. It's a marketing term...
I read: "Retina isn't bullshit bullshit. It's a bullshit term..."
That's for me of course, some other people need that bullshit to base their decisions upon. :P

Jace-BeOS wrote:Those competitors are...?
NEC, for example...
http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-mon ... a244uhd-bk

Cinebient wrote:Is there a trick to rezise it between 100 and 125% on a MacBook pro retina. I know i can hold and stretch it but it always snap back to 85% after that.... :?:
That's weird. I just tried it and it lets me resize freely to any scale level.
(2013 retina MBP)

Me too - although all the Logic plugins could be sharper when resized (Alchemy is probably one of the better ones in that respect though).

They're actually using it!

Jace-BeOS wrote:Those competitors are...?
That is easy because Apple don't build any Retina displays themself. The displays are manufactured worldwide by different suppliers like LG.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sorry for being late to the party; but:

I've poked through the topic and found folks saying "no way to import additional libraries, as they are automatically imported." Or something along those lines.

I had 3 or 4 libraries (I forget how many) but I hadn't used them much.
Now that Alchemy's in Logic, I will be using them more often.

Point being, while I recognize a few patches with the sounds I expect to hear, I do not see some specific patches I used often from the 3rd party libraries. This is a problem.

I think I've traced the issue down to my having the pre-Apple Alchemy library on an external drive.

So are there any solutions for making the 3rd party libraries getting imported after-the-fact of doing the Alchemy/Logic 10.2 installation?

lionscub68 wrote:Sorry for being late to the party; but:

I've poked through the topic and found folks saying "no way to import additional libraries, as they are automatically imported." Or something along those lines.

I had 3 or 4 libraries (I forget how many) but I hadn't used them much.
Now that Alchemy's in Logic, I will be using them more often.

Point being, while I recognize a few patches with the sounds I expect to hear, I do not see some specific patches I used often from the 3rd party libraries. This is a problem.

I think I've traced the issue down to my having the pre-Apple Alchemy library on an external drive.

So are there any solutions for making the 3rd party libraries getting imported after-the-fact of doing the Alchemy/Logic 10.2 installation?

Mine are all on an external drive so it shouldn't be a problem. As long as you have Alchemy 1 installed and the correct path setup to its data then Alchemy in Logic should find it automatically. Then just go to one of the 2 menu panels in the browser that have drop downs to select different categories (timbre, genre, sound library etc) and select 'Sound Library' and 'Legacy content' and they should get scanned in.

Looks cool. It would probably take me a week to download 100gb with my 1.5 dsl.

As to Windows users being "betrayed" be Camel Audio... :shrug: ... get a grip. You bought a product and got exactly what you paid for. There is never any guarantee in software that there will be another version of anything. Camel Audio doesn't owe you anything and they didn't betray you. Apple (apparently) paid them a nice sum for the intellectual property and pretending you would not have done the same thing they did if you were them is disingenuous at best.

Logic looks sweet. :tu:

LawrenceF wrote:Looks cool. It would probably take me a week to download 100gb with my 1.5 dsl.

As to Windows users being "betrayed" be Camel Audio... :shrug: ... get a grip. You bought a product and got exactly what you paid for. There is never any guarantee in software that there will be another version of anything. Camel Audio doesn't owe you anything and they didn't betray you. Apple (apparently) paid them a nice sum for the intellectual property and pretending you would not have done the same thing they did if you were them is disingenuous at best.

Didn't yo mamma tell you not to talk with your mouth full?

LawrenceF wrote:Looks cool. It would probably take me a week to download 100gb with my 1.5 dsl.

Disingenuous at best indeed.

egbert wrote:Didn't yo mamma tell you not to talk with your mouth full?
:lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I've only skimmed through this and other threads, so it might have been answered somewhere. Still, can anybody please confirm? Thanks.

What are the differences, if any, between Alchemy in Mainstage 3 and Logic X? Amount of presets/samples seem to be the same. Some other restrictions?

I know I just can take the recommended path of syncing Mainstage with Ableton Live by means of Soundflower, i.e. I send MIDI and route the audio back to my DAW of choice. But frankly, I cannot believe getting my hands on the full Alchemy for less than $30. There must be a catch.
Last edited by Dostoyevsky on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just out of curiosoty, don't have a Mac, but can Mainstage be rewired into other applications?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”