Alchemy available in logic now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro

Cinebient wrote:Some things need a bit longer to achieve as in other synths but i love it so far really.
Here i made an experimental pad/soundscape patch in a few minutes. I imported 4 of my own sound sources (which i created myself with my favourite iPad synths).
I even didn´t uses any pad remix changes here just some modulations.
I think i´m going to learn this thing now finally in depth :D
https://soundcloud.com/cinebient/alchem ... experiment
That could be the overture to a neo-wagnerian space opera :party:

Cinebient wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a patch using additive re-synthesis of a sound I made in Photosounder, that sample is also being used in the convolution reverb, quite amazing what one can do with a only a single source. The new Comb PM filter sounds brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_ThgrDlkU
Great videos... thank´s a lot for this sir!
My pleasure, skip the sir please :)

bluedad wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Are you being paid to do this?
Interestingly, one of his ip's is from Apple in Cupertino, CA
and no further reply from him since this revelation...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
bluedad wrote:
Which poster was this?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

jens wrote:
bluedad wrote:
He probably got a coffee shock, or an embarrassment shock, or both.

poster was B_Stone

It was so obvious that this guy is a sock puppet anyway..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I kind of imagine it was not officially sanctioned sock puppetry though.

not apple's style so i agree it wasn't "official", but it's pretty obvious he understands what he is talking about anyway so doesn't bother me in the slightest.. i found his posts interesting.

TheoM wrote:not apple's style so i agree it wasn't "official", but it's pretty obvious he understands what he is talking about anyway so doesn't bother me in the slightest.. i found his posts interesting.
i found B_Stone's posts interesting too. So long as they were legit information, i was glad to read them, especially since he responded to one of my most specific inquiries into Alchemy functionality.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

...in that context... i can't say i could hear any difference between traditional temperament and hermode in the examples on the hermode.com site.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

who else just thinks that this sounds great and there are heaps of great presets which 8 variations each and endless possibilities ? that's how I feel. I am loving it and just enjoying it for what it is.

This thing is so awesome for FX, transitions, hits and risers thanks to the convolution reverb (with reverse), the FX slots for each sound source and more...
It has it downsides like the crappy edition mode in additive and spectral (also sound not that good here) and a few other things Alchemy can´t do but it raises up to my new number 1 synth since i using it more and more.
Indeed, i don´t work for Apple! I just like this synth!

TheoM wrote:who else just thinks that this sounds great and there are heaps of great presets which 8 variations each and endless possibilities ? that's how I feel. I am loving it and just enjoying it for what it is.
Agree wholeheartedly. A great addition to a already great package.

2020 wrote:
TheoM wrote:who else just thinks that this sounds great and there are heaps of great presets which 8 variations each and endless possibilities ? that's how I feel. I am loving it and just enjoying it for what it is.
Oh yeah, still one of my fave plugins and for overall sound design quality one of the very best (even compared to Omnisphere actually).

aMUSEd wrote:
2020 wrote:
Oh yeah, still one of my fave plugins and for overall sound design quality one of the very best (even compared to Omnisphere actually).
Yes..this puts Omnisphere 2 on my second place for hybrid synths yet (because of no multi sample import, but the included samples and phrases are still the best inside any synth).
Steamworx for Alchemy is and was my all time favourite patch bank followed by Water. The others were also great to super great. I hope that we see now also new sound banks here in the future.
Means that now that i can use all the included factory 14GB samples for patches and can share them too (like in Omnisphere9.... not sure here... or can i just use my own sound sources for sharing.
After Dune2 and Omnisphere2 this is the next thing to make a patch bank for sharing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”