New to Ilok and have a question

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have a Ilok key so i used the soft ilok option where it is authorized on my computer.

The Licenses are registered to my Ilok Account but what happens if i try windows 10 and i have to install the Ilok products again because of some problems?

Do my registered Ilok plugins stay in my account so i can reactivate them if needed or do i have to ask for new serials?

Haven't used soft iLok myself (only dongle), however, open the ilok manager and see under the activated tab. These should be the licenses activated on your exsisting hardware setup.
As far as my understanding and logic goes, you should be able to deactivate them from your hardware. This should move them back into the available tab which is essentially your licenses available and stored in the ilok cloud.
Post install W10, install the latest ilok manager software and hey presto you should be able to reactivate the licenses on to your new hardware config.
Word to the wise, get a dongle. Lot easier and if your hard drive fails or you need to replace it and you cannot access the drive with the ilok licenses on. You will need to contact the software developers who issued the ilok license for a replacement (hopefully they should oblige).

Hope this helps.

PS Hope you not using Cubase as a DAW as not W10 certified and various problems if you check their website FAW downloads.

MFXxx wrote:Haven't used soft iLok myself (only dongle), however, open the ilok manager and see under the activated tab. These should be the licenses activated on your exsisting hardware setup.
As far as my understanding and logic goes, you should be able to deactivate them from your hardware. This should move them back into the available tab which is essentially your licenses available and stored in the ilok cloud.
Post install W10, install the latest ilok manager software and hey presto you should be able to reactivate the licenses on to your new hardware config.
Word to the wise, get a dongle. Lot easier and if your hard drive fails or you need to replace it and you cannot access the drive with the ilok licenses on. You will need to contact the software developers who issued the ilok license for a replacement (hopefully they should oblige).

Hope this helps.

PS Hope you not using Cubase as a DAW as not W10 certified and various problems if you check their website FAW downloads.
Thanks for your input :tu:
I see it like this myself since the products are in my Ilok account so it might just be to deactivate them and activate them again but i want to be 100% sure before i try something stupid.

I have a syncrosoft key just because i had to ask to many times for new licenses when i used their software version but they don't have any account either where it is stored except for steinbergs own licenses in my steinberg account.

No. I don't use Cubase. Sonar all the way here because of their tight connection with microsoft :)
They also have just released a win 10 compatible version :tu:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”