Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

I think this should be the future of interacting with our DAW's, software synths and plugins.
Imagine if there's a touch interface for every synth and plugin you have and that it automatically (optional) shows up on your iPad/tablet when selected. That would be so useful for both workflow and performance and much more fun!

Actually there already is such a thing, if you have the V-Control Pro DAW controller app it has the ability to load any plugin window (in fact any open window, including built in ones like Sculpture in Logic) and manipulate it using touch within the app:

https://neyrinck.com/products/v-control-pro/

obviously this only works well if the plugin has reasonably chunky controls though - smaller controls tend to be too fiddly to be of much value using touch (but that would be true of using any touch screen interface).

Right thanks!
It doesn't look great though. I'd prefer that Live looks like Live when you use something like this.
There's also Touchable of course but that's also a bit fiddly when it comes to the plugin view and it's Live only.
But having a single app for this makes sense so that it shows up instantly on the iPad.
Anyway I'll be very happy to start with Nave!

I cannot decided between Largo and Nave...hmm...what do you guys think? I produce ambient, industrial and techno music...and both synths sound great, but I think buying both is overkill since I already have Dune 2, Serum, Zebra2, etc. Which one would you prefer?

There are demos of both…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

HcDoom wrote:I cannot decided between Largo and Nave...hmm...what do you guys think? I produce ambient, industrial and techno music...and both synths sound great, but I think buying both is overkill since I already have Dune 2, Serum, Zebra2, etc. Which one would you prefer?
Buy both, and the PPG Wave 3, they are all complementary to each other. You won't regret it, trust me those synths are all as deep as you want them to be, plus you can be assured of phenomenal updates from the Nave. I have all three Waldorf synths, and I use them far more than Serum or, really, any other synth (Electra is a distant second place). Please keep in mind also, I own a TON of synths.

I just bought Nave after having taken full advantage of the very generous demo. It continues to be a vital part of my music making, and it's also the wave synth I consider to have the most potential. As intimated above, buying Nave is one of the best investments in terms of future features being added/updates.

Rolf seems to be extremely receptive to suggestions, right up there on Duda level from what I've experienced. I think he's out to win, which means we all win.

Just my two cents, I'm a certified "wave synth" (and most particularly a WALDORF synth) fanatic from hell.
Ha ha suck it!

Wouldn't Nave be able to do what most of these other synths can do?

Soarer wrote:Wouldn't Nave be able to do what most of these other synths can do?
As I mentioned, the three complement each other. Though the sound of Nave and Largo are essentially Waldorfian (and it's up to you whether you like "that sound" or not), all three of the abovementioned come with exclusive features. For instance (but far from limited to), Largo has freaky extensive modulation capabilities, Nave imports both samples and wavetables, PPG allows you to stack sounds in endlessly interesting ways. Much more.

I highly recommend taking advantage of the generous demos of each to find out for yourself, that way you'll both learn how to navigate each, and know for sure if you like them in general.
Ha ha suck it!

fmr wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Actually this is happening on Mac too now - guess everyone was getting used to working at large size.
Indeed. Smaller than that is basically impossible to use for editing and creating patches. That's probably why I didn't notice that bug. I always use the standard size, at least.
I'm a laptop user. I use the small GUI to create patches all the time. But this wouldn't be the first time I've done the impossible 8)

Yay! Just bought Nave and I'm now officially a member of the club :party:
I'm running three instances on my Macbook Air 2011 and it only takes up 24% CPU :hyper:
Its really a great Synth!
Thanks for the generous trial period Waldorf!

Goo goo goo joob!
Last edited by Apostate on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha suck it!

I can't say I like it more than Serum, but probably equally as much. I'm liking Nave a lot. I like the interface quite a lot and think it's nicer than Largo's interface. I can't wait to try out importing samples.

In terms of performance, I DEFINITELY like Nave more than Serum. However, I demo'd Serum like a year ago, so I'm sure it's much more computationally economic after a few updates. As for sound, I'm afraid Serum has a few tricks up its sleeve that Nave doesn't have. The mirror effect is pretty cool. I think there's room for improvement in regard to spectral effects and different phase distortion techniques.

Some nice graphic glitch here on Nave!
It looks quite good - maybe a skin like this? :D
It was a short Ableton live freeze so not a real problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you like it, I'll put some funny code into Nave's next version :-)
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Return to “Instruments”