IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Hi Again,

Updating did not make any difference, but I reverse engineered the problem looking at how the CPU meter reacted to removing effects one by one and a few of them seemed very CPU hungry - especially the convrooms. Also I could see that an empty Sampletank without instruments loaded would put 5-10 % load on the system. Quiet alot for a hexacore I´d say..
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Not seeing that here, on an old (2010) 8-core i7.

Empty ST3 = ~0.50%
ST3 + Organ instrument + ConvoRoom reverb =~0.97%
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Not seeing that here, on an old (2010) 8-core i7.

Empty ST3 = ~0.50%
ST3 + Organ instrument + ConvoRoom reverb =~0.97%
Good that some people are having luck then :) Which host are you using?
Best Regards

Roman Empire

That was in Reaper v4.77. I've had a thought - that was Reaper 32-bit, so perhaps its performance figures do not include the bridged 64bit host .exe. But, on checking, the figures are similarly low in the Windows Resource Monitor for both processes.
Inspired by ...

I guess I´ll have a look at the Windows CPU meters to see whether if they indicate a change - COULD be Cubase not telling the truth, although it´d be weird that it´s only behaving like that with ST 3 and no other plugs.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:I guess I´ll have a look at the Windows CPU meters to see whether if they indicate a change - COULD be Cubase not telling the truth, although it´d be weird that it´s only behaving like that with ST 3 and no other plugs.
You could take Cubase out of the picture by running the standalone ST3. This will at least tell you if S3 is running efficiently (or not) on your system.

FWIW, Standalone S3 (no instruments loaded) on my i7 2600k system uses about 0.22 % cpu according to Windows Resource Monitor. This is for the S3 process alone (Not total cpu usage).

flugel45 wrote:
Roman Empire wrote:I guess I´ll have a look at the Windows CPU meters to see whether if they indicate a change - COULD be Cubase not telling the truth, although it´d be weird that it´s only behaving like that with ST 3 and no other plugs.
You could take Cubase out of the picture by running the standalone ST3. This will at least tell you if S3 is running efficiently (or not) on your system.

FWIW, Standalone S3 (no instruments loaded) on my i7 2600k system uses about 0.22 % cpu according to Windows Resource Monitor. This is for the S3 process alone (Not total cpu usage).
Great idea, I´ll come back with the result later!

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Alliright, as standalone there´s absolutely nothing wrong. I loaded 4 instruments with a total of 10-15 effects and got 1-2 % CPU load.
Not really sure though whether if it´s Cubase not behaving well with the ST3 dll or the other way around...

Best Regards

Roman Empire

^^^^
That finding would be well worth reporting to IK Multimedia Support.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
That finding would be well worth reporting to IK Multimedia Support.
Absolutely. I´ll try to do a bit more testing and see what I´ll find and then liase directly to IK.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

I hope support was able to assist with the issue above.

By the way, this isn't the only big news coming soon for SampleTank 3:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3 ... tic-drama1

Why does ST3 free require a license?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Why does ST3 free require a license?
Why does Studio One 3 Prime (which is free) require a license?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I hope support was able to assist with the issue above.

By the way, this isn't the only big news coming soon for SampleTank 3:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3 ... tic-drama1
Wow sounds awesome :love: Maybe a epic cinematic strings collection is next?

electro wrote:Why does ST3 free require a license?
Having an account will save you time when you decide to make a purchase,
and help with updates, and future activations, as when you buy a new computer,
or when issues causing OS reinstallations use up the standard allotment
of activations. It will also help support staff track and communicate about
issues unique to your systems.

There is value in a free version, and value in it's makers keeping track of it.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”