New Yamaha instrument incoming ... all things indicate retro/re-issue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...price-wise, that JD-Xi is looking sweet now, short the glossy BMW night-dash look (seriously - what is it with Roland and these synth colors?)

deastman wrote:
damoog wrote:
fmr wrote:Disappointing, IMO. I agree with others. To launch this, better launch a pack of plug-ins and a single controller.
i agree...all this hype for a pretty naff range of rehash synths,I'm mean jeesh are moog,elektron and dave smith the only ones pushing forward!!(ill add specatrasonics ominsphere in there to eric)...i won't be adding these in any way shape or form to my arsenal
I find your small list of companies "pushing forward" rather comical. Ever heard of eurorack, for starters?
funny enough the only thing i find comical is yamaha's price are they shitting me? :lol:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

I know this meme is long past its expiration date, but this one is hilarious:
http://captiongenerator.com/49055/Hitle ... aha-Reface

damoog wrote: funny enough the only thing i find comical is yamaha's price are they shitting me? :lol:
I guess Yamaha has been out of the synth market for too long now (Motifs don't classify as synths, IMO). In a year or so, they will hopefully realize:
1. Where is the market positioned right now, and what are customers demands and expectations;
2. What is the real price their products deserve, and what should they do to position them in their real position;

That, or I have been online for too long, and not living in the real world anymore :hihi:

Really, compared to this, the "plug-out" concept of Roland seems like a genius idea.
Fernando (FMR)

pfff... very disappointing, offensive pricing! not sure what Yamaha was thinking, maybe they are trying to push for the douchebag market, maybe they'll have a beats + reface bundle :D

Had hopes especially for the DX... but hey, I'm glad I'm rediscovering my FM soft-synths like FM8 and Bazille! :)

honestly a fair price I think would be about $199 considering it's a midi controller + synth.

(Although I must admit I want one just to play around with, I still wouldn't consider getting one at that price either cause I got good EPs, Organs, VAs and FMs and a good midi controller)

My CS5 cost less than half the price of the ReHash version. I know which one i prefer.

Shy wrote:
xamido wrote:After watching the demo video at sonic state i think the DX is quite decent. Presets, nice sound, and looks like it's quite easy to edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR47UZNwxlM
After I finally managed to get past the two morons' blabbering, I listened and was not surprised to find that even my FB-01 sounds far, far better than this $500-$800 joke.
Calling nick a moron was too harsh. He's just being nice and follow through with Bert usual extravagant sales pitch. I've watch a lot of sonic state and i can't tell in this video he's not really that excited about the synth itself.

The choice of bert as main promoter for this synth is also a big mistake. That guy is good for showcasing ready made preset, for workstation stuff. But for synths? I can definitely tell he's just rehashing the cue card that yamaha have given him.
musisikamar.com

$799?

V0RT3X wrote:wtf? $800

You could get a micro laptop running an i5 processor and still have enough for a copy of Synthsquad, Diva, etc ..

http://www.microcenter.com/search/searc ... 4967288+42

Exactly, and Strobe 2 is coming out soon which destroys that whatever they're calling these things.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:wtf? $800

You could get a micro laptop running an i5 processor and still have enough for a copy of Synthsquad, Diva, etc ..

http://www.microcenter.com/search/searc ... 4967288+42

Exactly, and Strobe 2 is coming out soon which destroys that whatever they're calling these things.
What does a vst plugin have to do with a hardware synth? Apple and orange. Unless strobe 2 come in a hardware format i see no reason for the comparison.
musisikamar.com

Korg are at the forefront, Roland are doing OK despite some VA grumbles....and Yamaha are failing miserably.

are their motorbikes any good, at least ?

Four. Not one, four.
Hell, they must party hard at Yamaha.

xamido wrote:What does a vst plugin have to do with a hardware synth? Apple and orange.
These are digital synths. VST plugins are also digital synths -- far cheaper, much more flexible, more powerful and probably better sounding.

So it's more like comparing an apple with... an unripe apple in a bag.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”