Are You Ready For Your Flexion Private Beta Testing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijajehibFw

I don't remember the last time I was this excited about a synth coming out. It might have been when I first heard about the DX7 back in the 80s.

Today, I got my email reminder and survey for determining where in the beta testing process they're going to stick me. I can't wait.

After seeing what this thing is capable of, if you're not insanely excited over this synth, you need to get your pulse checked. It's shamelessly digital sounding in the most artistic way I've ever heard in a synth. I can only imagine the sound possibilities with this thing.

My gut tells me, based on what is on the market currently (as far as prices go) that this could well be a $200 synth or more. Don't expect this kind of flexibility to come cheap.

All I know is, I can't wait. And I haven't said that about anything music related in a long time.

If you want to be a beta tester I don't think it's too late to sign up.

Here's the main site. Hopefully there is some info there.

http://jobomusic.com/

Now i have to try to calm down so I don't hyperventilate.

With so much complexity it really has to sound very special otherwise it's not worth spending time programming it. And the interface is pretty ugly too.
No signature here!

I'm definitely interested :). Fingers crossed....
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

robotmonkey wrote:With so much complexity it really has to sound very special otherwise it's not worth spending time programming it. And the interface is pretty ugly too.
I completely agree. Let's see how the Beta for Flexion goes, it looks interesting. Hard to tell on the sound.

For now I'm happily programming what for me seems a far more promising synth, the Nave vst.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:With so much complexity it really has to sound very special otherwise it's not worth spending time programming it. And the interface is pretty ugly too.
I completely agree. Let's see how the Beta for Flexion goes, it looks interesting. Hard to tell on the sound.

For now I'm happily programming what for me seems a far more promising synth, the Nave vst.
Flexion is going to be similar to Cycle though, on the surface, more powerful. This isn't going to be your "mom and pop everybody jumps on it" synth. It's going to appeal mostly to hard core programmers and people with a lot of patience UNLESS the presets that come with it are really kick ass and usable. In that case, this could be a big seller.

Right now I'd say it's going to be very fringe.

Me? I'm jumping all over this thing just like I did Cycle. I may not ever make a library for it but I'm sure as hell going to have a lot of fun tinkering with it.

"search for a preset on the clouds"....... is there a built in forum you can log into and discuss wavetable algorithms?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

Flexion is going to be similar to Cycle though, on the surface, more powerful. This isn't going to be your "mom and pop everybody jumps on it" synth. It's going to appeal mostly to hard core programmers and people with a lot of patience UNLESS the presets that come with it are really kick ass and usable. In that case, this could be a big seller.

Me? I'm jumping all over this thing just like I did Cycle. I may not ever make a library for it but I'm sure as hell going to have a lot of fun tinkering with it.
You know, every time I start getting into programming Cycle, it still crashes my entire computer. It's the only synth that still does that, and I've had five instances of East West going on in one project, many times with little to no problems. I really like the layout, really like the sounds, but it just isn't working out. A shame, glad I didn't jump and buy it after being so initially impressed.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

You know, every time I start getting into programming Cycle, it still crashes my entire computer. It's the only synth that still does that, and I've had five instances of East West going on in one project, many times with little to no problems. I really like the layout, really like the sounds, but it just isn't working out. A shame, glad I didn't jump and buy it after being so initially impressed.
That's my only concern, how buggy this thing is going to be. Of course as a beta tester, I expect there to be problems.

As for Cycle, I've figured out what makes it crash and have avoided doing certain things and since then it's been pretty stable.

All over this! :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I will buy flexion for sure, if it's the same power to cycle but without "any"crash, it's will be a winner!

Return to “Instruments”