Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best - Cubase with Logic a close 2nd
Worst - For the sixth year in row....Reaper

Best - Cubase 8 - very solid, very powerful
Worst - Reason - the Frankenstein of DAWS

Best - studio one (Perhaps not the best features, but the best workflow for me)
Worst - reason (can't read anything on my 4k screen!, miss my vst collection)

Cubase and live 9.2 also sit pretty high, never used logic.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Orbit-50 wrote:
Codestation wrote:Ableton Live. Both the best and the worst. Simultaneously.
Honestly, I think it is in some serious need of a face lift. I can't look at that insipid, lifeless interface for one more minute. I just can't do it anymore.
.-.
As shallow as it may appear, I felt like this from version one. It may be a good DAW, with unique features, but I simply couldn't stand looking at something so ugly. And since there are better looking alternatives...
Fernando (FMR)

Best - Cubase 8 (stable, does everything, midi (!), control room, arranger track)
Worst - Sonar (pretty-but-idiotic GUI, the bus vs track thing, still no gapless audio, horrible forums policed by vicious cheerleaders)
Last edited by vespesian on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

vespesian wrote:Best - Cubase 8 (stable, does everything, midi (!), control room, arranger track)
Worst - Sonar (pretty-but-idiot GUI, the bus vs track thing, still no gapless audio, horrible forums policed by vicious cheerleaders)

Ditto on the Sonar forum!

Ableton is the best and the worst. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Best: Orion ....it loads quickly , it's limitations are a plus(less is more), I own FL Studio, Studio 1 , and Tracktion, but I always go to Orion when I have an idea I want to realize.
Worst: Tracktion it just seems to be different for the sake of being different.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Where can I get Orion so I can try it? I can't find anything at Synapse.

Guys, you are taking this way too seriously...

Obviously Reason is the worst.
We dont really need this thread to tell us that...

:clown:
ImageImageImageImage

Yorrrrrr wrote:Where can I get Orion so I can try it? I can't find anything at Synapse.
It's discontinued and not available anymore i think.

vespesian wrote:Best - Cubase 8 (stable, does everything, midi (!), control room, arranger track)
Worst - Sonar (pretty-but-idiot GUI, the bus vs track thing, still no gapless audio, horrible forums policed by vicious cheerleaders
Lol!!! Using my imagination, I keep picturing how that would look in the real world.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

fmr wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
Honestly, I think it is in some serious need of a face lift. I can't look at that insipid, lifeless interface for one more minute. I just can't do it anymore.
.-.
As shallow as it may appear, I felt like this from version one. It may be a good DAW, with unique features, but I simply couldn't stand looking at something so ugly. And since there are better looking alternatives...
It makes total sense. I figured it out though, what it is, is that Live GUI needs more contrast. Every skin looks as if though there is a haze over it. It just freaks me out. If it were made with sharper graphics then...

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

On the Sonar forum this is a great example of what it has turned into. Someone just got Sonar and is totally frustrated because he can't figure it out. Very common nube problem. This is what Craig Anderton said about him:

"The OP is probably the same guy who walked into Guitar Center, bought a Les Paul, and returned it three days later because it didn't play like Jimmy Page."

You really can't do anything but praise Sonar or you'll be attacked and/or insulted. Truly sad.

Orbit-50 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
.-.
It makes total sense. I figured it out though, what it is, is that Live GUI needs more contrast. Every skin looks as if though there is a haze over it. It just freaks me out. If it were made with sharper graphics then...

.-.
No haze here... Live is clear and easy to see... no fake 3d crap cluttering things up. Simple and clean and easy on the eyes even after hours looking at it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”