One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo (Syntax Project Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mantra Evo

Hey guys,

great tracks overall...

@wagtunes, Taron, Syntax Project

A lot of thanks for the tips...it was a mess to get those from wagtunes and Taron but they came, ufff!... I probably will not update the synth... i would have to re-build all graphics and stuff...better to create another one from zero using the "code" i already have : )

@Syntax Project

well, i must say its my fav track (i believe i cannot vote :s ...sorry!)... psy its my fav genre and i barely can believe you made that track with Mantra Evo....

@ ALL
I hope Mantra has been a good challenge for you and that i did not disapointed you that much with my basic knowledges...

Thanks,
Duarte

Air Guitar 01b-2.jpg
Essential Kit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duarte, some of us gave you a hard time, and when we did, I'm pretty sure we had no idea just how far your baby could be taken. Didn't take me too long to find out, though, and it's been an exciting ride!
I'm super thrilled you realize the gift you're having and seem ready to move forward. If you want any support from me at any time, please, don't hesitate to enroll me which ever way you like! :tu:

Thanks for having created this little beast and I'm already :hyper: about what will come from you next! ;)

PS: I agree on Syntax's awesome creation! 61 instances meant total dedication and it so shows. Phenomenal track!

alienoiz wrote:Hey guys,

great tracks overall...

@wagtunes, Taron, Syntax Project

A lot of thanks for the tips...it was a mess to get those from wagtunes and Taron but they came, ufff!... I probably will not update the synth... i would have to re-build all graphics and stuff...better to create another one from zero using the "code" i already have : )

@Syntax Project

well, i must say its my fav track (i believe i cannot vote :s ...sorry!)... psy its my fav genre and i barely can believe you made that track with Mantra Evo....

@ ALL
I hope Mantra has been a good challenge for you and that i did not disapointed you that much with my basic knowledges...

Thanks,
Duarte
Some tracks still to come :D
I hope you will like what I've done with your synth (posting soon) Honestly its like the holy grail! First time I have come across a synth which can do what this does, so Kudos! and I really hope you don't give it up :)

RichardSemper wrote:
alienoiz wrote: ...
Thanks,
Duarte
Some tracks still to come :D
I hope you will like what I've done with your synth (posting soon) Honestly its like the holy grail! First time I have come across a synth which can do what this does, so Kudos! and I really hope you don't give it up :)
+1 tune coming here, gonna finish my tune later today. The leads this thing can do are so interesting, and pads are of course amazingly good.

I really liked the adventure of this synth.

@ RichardSemper and bjporter

bring them up : )

Did a little quicky - if Gorgor is in why not RuediRena?

https://soundcloud.com/ruedirena/ruedir ... st-heilbar

RuediRena - Hypnotheose ist heilbar

DAW: Reaper
Synth: 10 instances of MantraEvo
Track FX: ReaEQ, Maxwell Smart Limiter, MAutopan, TAL Reverb II, ReaComp
Master FX: Nick Crow Lab Tube Driver, Classic Compressor, Maxwell Smart Limiter

Have a nice day, guys!

Here's my entry -
https://soundcloud.com/richard-semper/r ... ntra-rocks

No of instances of Mantra Evo - 19 - all patches programmed from scratch
Kick made with 3 instances layered, eq'd and limited.

DAW - Cubase 7.5

FX Used:-

DAW Fx Used -
1x PingPong Delay
3x Roomworks SE
8x StudioEQ and 3x channel EQs
3x Limiter

Third Party Fx-
1x YOU WA Shock ! - on kick.
1x Voxengo SPAN - on master channel
3x WG Doffset
1x s(M)exoscope

DR=11

I've wanted to do a rock tune for ages, just waited for the right synth, and Mantra EVO really fits the bill! Enjoy. :band:

Really challenging this month :D

As promised earlier in this thread, I tried the meditative way. So it turned more to rhythmic track ... :band:

https://soundcloud.com/mtle-1/mtle-them ... walk-part6

Subtitle: Tribal Trance
One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo

"Themes from Mindwalk" is a series of new tracks based on one of my old Mods from 1996. The original "Mindwalk" track contanis some melodies I want to rearrange to separate songs.
This is Part 5 / 12. All parts will be done in One Synth Challenge 2015

DAWs (so far)
ProTracker (1996 - original Sample based Track)
OpenMPT (2013 - Converting Amiga Mod to Midi),
Reaper (now - complete new Track based on taken melody line(s))

24 instances of Mantra Evo

Used Plugins

DAW:
ReaEQ (27x), ReaComp (13x), midi_transpose (5x), midi_note_filter (3x), MIDI/sequencer_megababy (1x), rbj12eq-teej (2x), Saturation (1x)

3rd Party:
LimiterNo6 (5x), TAL Dub Delay (2x), TAL Dub III (), TAL Reverb II (2x), PpDelay (1x), MSED (1x), BootEQmkII(1x)

Master:
ReaEQ, TLs Maximizer, ReaXComp (2x), AnSpec, MSED, SPAN, masterlimiter, rbj12eq-teej, np1136peaklimiter, D2, Exciter, gfxscope

DR13 (if somebody cares)

Finally some words @alienoiz:
Just in case you want to overhaul this or start from scratch. It run very stable, never crashed. :tu: With larger project the initial loading was a bit long. My personal taste would prefer amount knobs instead of switches for adding the oscs to fx. I could resign some external fx with the better fine tuning. There was written about some other stuff I don't want repeat. Please take care about this.
This is a nice group of extreme synth users, take their tips to improve. You probably find no better test environment. I enjoyed the variety of sound this synth can produce. With fixed issues this is a really great tool. Thanks for your work so far.

Hi all,

Here is my entry for this month:

mcaitch - burnout

https://soundcloud.com/mcaitch/mcaitch-burnout

I had a lot of fun rocking with Mantra Evo :hihi: It produces fantastic electric guitar sounds :tu: Biggest highlight was the possibility to compose an OSC song with distortion effects :D

Richard Semper, thank you very much for sharing your great patches :hug: Many of them are included in modified versions in my track.

Enjoy!

mcaitch

----------
OSC#76 Entry: mcaitch - burnout

DAW: Cubase AI 7.0.80, 64 bit (Windows 7, MacBook Pro)

Synth: Mantra Evo, 14 instances

Sounds: Most instruments were created with modified versions of Richard Semper's patches (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mantra- ... /downloads). Richard, thanks for sharing your great patches!

Cubase AI 7 Plugins:
8x EQ
2x MonoDelay
2x RoomWorks SE
5x VSTDynamics

Free 3rd Party Plugins:
3x BitterSweetV3
3x RoughRider_x64
3x Voxengo MSED

Master:
1x Limiter6_x64
1x Saturation Knob
1x TDR VOS SlickEQ (x64)

https://soundcloud.com/animehaus/animehaus-khyativada

Animehaus - "Khyativada"

KVR OSC 76 entry - Mantra EVO (beatassist.eu)

DAW: FL Studio 12

26 Mantra EVO instances, all presets created from scratch.

Thanks to Richard Semper for sharing the info about WG Doffset.

Effects used:
Ambience
epicVerb
FerricTDS
Fruity Compressor
Fruity Parametric EQ 2
Fruity Delay 2
Fruity Limiter
IVGI
Limiter Nº6
MStereoExpander
Sleepy-Time Records Transient
Soundgoodizer
TAL-Reverb-2
TDR Feedback Compressor II
WG Doffset

DR 10

Thrown together quickly because I didn't start this project until the last 4 days of the month; using 8 percussion patches I programmed and shared with the group, along with 10 patches programmed by other members of the KVR community, a snare sound provided by one of the members, and a couple of patches in the original bank of Mantra Evo. Last-minute EQ done using (free) IK Multimedia Classic EQ.

Due to my very late arrival to the challenge, I have to extend MUCH gratitude to the members who made and shared Mantra patches --- my participation would have been hopeless (not merely rushed) otherwise.

Very special thanks to members DoctorBob and Taron for rushing to my aid as I struggled to create an organ patch that would work for what I had in mind. Though I had not clearly communicated what I was trying to do, they nevertheless very graciously spent time and effort to program and provide some additional organ patches to help me out. I was very impressed, and quite touched by their willingness to help.

I never was able to create the sound that I heard in my mind, though --- kind of a low-key laid-back lounge-y organ. So I finally gave up on that several hours ago and spent the evening cobbling together my entry for this challenge. You will definitely perceive the rushed, cobbled-together aspects of the track --- a little sloppy in a couple spots --- but you might enjoy it anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/handsome-hank/ha ... -the-house
Last edited by HandsomeHank on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to interrupt. I'm here mostly to learn smth, as it was written in the topic's header.

Is there a way to learn equalizing? I know all the theory, I do music for a long time, but still my eqing process in a noncritical tracks is mostly random, and my renders are cold and plastic (I do a lot of saturation, but it doesn't help in a way that I need). Is there a strict way to learn eq by numbers, or tools for it? Because my ears are lying to me a lot.

Thank you.

SinnerSign wrote:Sorry to interrupt. I'm here mostly to learn smth, as it was written in the topic's header.

Is there a way to learn equalizing? I know all the theory, I do music for a long time, but still my eqing process in a noncritical tracks is mostly random, and my renders are cold and plastic (I do a lot of saturation, but it doesn't help in a way that I need). Is there a strict way to learn eq by numbers, or tools for it? Because my ears are lying to me a lot.

Thank you.
The best thing ever for me was getting a good pair of headphones. A good starting pair is the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. And after that, do the loop of:
#1 practice, practice, practice.
#2 read some eq technique, and incorporate that
#3 go to #1

bjporter wrote:The best thing ever for me was getting a good pair of headphones. A good starting pair is the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. And after that, do the loop of:
#1 practice, practice, practice.
#2 read some eq technique, and incorporate that
#3 go to #1
Thanks. But I have monitors and I do practice for a 10 years already. If you do something for a long time, you won't reach a new level of existence, you're just clipping your mistakes, because you repeat them over and over. I can give you a full-blown lecture about eq techniques, methods, theory and hardware realisations.

My problem is that every time I ask someone to help, free of charge or not, they repeat one thing: "Buy a better monitors and follow your ears". It's like "add everything by taste" in a cooking book. Is it a spoon or a full bag? Even if you're a skillful cook, even if you think that you do it right, even if you are praised, you might still do it wrong.

So, I follow my ears when I compose, I love every little sound I can find. But then it's time to crash and squish them, and when it's not about solving a frequency overlapping, all eq goes the typical way, but not where I want it to go, making my masters totally lifeless and plastic. That's not what everybody tell me (they are mostly satisfied with the result), that's what I see myself.

Again: I don't have any problems with eq "as it is", I have a problem with making it less all over the place and more sufficient, transparent and warm. And I'd prefer strict instructions.. Hope I made it clear.

Return to “Instruments”