PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Par9 Zalpov wrote:
martin_l wrote:
Par9 Zalpov wrote:issue with using presets. when I chose preset and click "play" then
Hi ,which version are you using? VST or AU? And what do you mean by "play"?
Martin
using vst PGX8-64_2015_04_29.dll
play knob in DAW.
Hi,

I can only guess at the moment, but it seems to me you are using reapers mechanism for selecting presets (i.e. in the title bar of the synth).

PG-8X has its own preset system. After you load a bank, you can select the preset either by clicking on the program number in the LED readout, or by sending a "programme change" via MIDI.

Please, let me know whether that works for you.

Cheers,
Martin

[deleted] double post
Last edited by martin_l on Fri May 29, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted] double post (having a terrible internet connection...)
Last edited by martin_l on Fri May 29, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted] double post

martin_l wrote:
Hi,

I can only guess at the moment, but it seems to me you are using reapers mechanism for selecting presets (i.e. in the title bar of the synth).

PG-8X has its own preset system. After you load a bank, you can select the preset either by clicking on the program number in the LED readout, or by sending a "programme change" via MIDI.

Please, let me know whether that works for you.

Cheers,
Martin
i use PG-8X preset system but it dont work correctly in my DAW.
there is a small Reaper project with one midi track with PG-8X and file with PG-8X presets.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/de6333wk5ga99vw/kvr.rar?dl=0
you can see strange issue with presets works.
ps: can't participate in One Synth Challenge #75 coz presets dont works :neutral:
Bears, vodka, balalayka.
Mixing tracks. neurodriveaudio@gmail.com

Par9 Zalpov wrote: i use PG-8X preset system but it dont work correctly in my DAW.
there is a small Reaper project with one midi track with PG-8X and file with PG-8X presets.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/de6333wk5ga99vw/kvr.rar?dl=0
you can see strange issue with presets works.
ps: can't participate in One Synth Challenge #75 coz presets dont works :neutral:
I just opened your reaper project (on my Mac, that is) and it seems to play correctly. PG-8X displays and plays preset 26 "SAWS FLT ATTACK".

What is the project supposed to do?

Cheers,
Martin

Just wanted to say thank you.
For a freeware synth, it sounds like a real gem.
And I like the GUI (which is not what I can say about Synth1 which I use a lot).

Will definitely look more into this one.

martin_l wrote: I just opened your reaper project (on my Mac, that is) and it seems to play correctly. PG-8X displays and plays preset 26 "SAWS FLT ATTACK".

What is the project supposed to do?

Cheers,
Martin
how PG8X works on my DAW on example of this project:
1)open this project, PG8X has preset num.25 "SAWS FLT ATTACK"
2)choose another any PG8X preset(example 21)
3)click "play" knob on DAW panel
4)preset automaticaly switching to 25
:neutral:
Bears, vodka, balalayka.
Mixing tracks. neurodriveaudio@gmail.com

Program #25 is obviously registered at the start of your MIDI track. Edit out the program change MIDI info from your MIDI track.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Program #25 is obviously registered at the start of your MIDI track. Edit out the program change MIDI info from your MIDI track.

/Joachim
Yes, I can confirm this. At the beginning of the MIDI part, there is a program change message.

Martin

martin_l wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Program #25 is obviously registered at the start of your MIDI track. Edit out the program change MIDI info from your MIDI track.

/Joachim
Yes, I can confirm this. At the beginning of the MIDI part, there is a program change message.

Martin
:lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I uploaded the Kick Snare and Hat from my (non) award winning track:

https://soundcloud.com/looklookbb/davetbass-kvr-older

But I got a bunch of nice complements on the drums, the only effect I added was the vintage plate in LMMS

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/pg-8x-b ... /downloads

Dear all,

before the next release, I am trying to iron out all issues which have been reported.

One thing I am struggling with, and where I would appreciate some help is a reported problem with Cubase SX3 on Win XP-Sp3.

The pg-8x does show up in the plugin-organizer, but when trying to load it into the VST-rack, it does not show up.

I don't have Cubase, and there doesn't seem to be a demo. Could anybody with that system configuration let me know whether you get it to work?

Cheers,
Martin

what is the most recent build?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:what is the most recent build?
The most recent public build is 2015-04-29.

Martin

Return to “Instruments”