DrumsAnywhere: Turn any surface into an Electronic Drum Kit.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried the demo. I got repeated crashing, even after restarting my computer. It seems to me that this thing isn't ready for primetime, yet. Also, the demo timeout is too short to evaluate anything.

Sounds too good to be true, probably is.

I'm answering a "bit late" (near 3 months after!!!) but this reminds of the great and still unknown Pulse Controller, which is basically the same: a sort of pickup mic that needs the asio4all driver in the pc version (there's also a mac version), that you plug into your mic IN of your computer (now most portables have a combi MIC-IN/HEADPHONES IN plug), and there you go!

It's great for instant gratification when you want to travel with almost no weight, but it's not a substitute for a midi controller just like those small pianos of 2 or 3 physical octaves (you can switch this anytime in any midi controller, just like Korg nanokeys2, etc).

So here we got another one to add.

My opinion is that to succeed, all small enterprises who sell something like this needs to come bundled with a drum synth full of sounds, and some better drivers and midi-mappers...

just my 2 cents!

------------------
PD: It will great if someone creates a driver for android tablets/phones/phablets and iPads/iPhones... Can you imagine creating stuff from it with no hassle and almost no weight at all?
Music Creator 6, Sonar x3 Producer, Ableton Live 9 Intro, EZDrummer2, IK-Multimedia Instruments & FXs, free plugins, Win7/x64/i5/6gbRAM/2gb graphic card, Tascam US-122, Samson C01, Behringer Q802USB, Korg nanokeys2+nanokontrol2, Boss Jamstation JS5...

A demo with "link to 3rd party host" capability would be a great start already.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

We are pleased to announce that until the end of the month you will be able to buy DrumsAnywhere at half the price. That is:

$29.99 (instead of $49.99) fro the lite version and $49.99 (instead of $89.99) for the PRO version.

Get you own copy while the offer lasts!

This looks so promising but I don't want to be the guinea pig! I would need it to work as a midi controller for Slate, BFD ECO etc.
John
"B4serenity"

DrumsAnywhere wrote:We are pleased to announce that until the end of the month you will be able to buy DrumsAnywhere at half the price. That is:

$29.99 (instead of $49.99) fro the lite version and $49.99 (instead of $89.99) for the PRO version.

Get you own copy while the offer lasts!
got quite excited till i remembered there was no mac :?

i have a question..how fast/accurate is it ?? latency ?? i'm wondering if you could pass through drumming rudiment practice without dropping a beat, so to speak. you did answer before about buzz rolls, but what about controlled stick-play and rolls ??

also, now you have the foot thing working, have you tried to implement left-foot, hi-hat pedal. i am sure the technology doesn't allow for the lift/opening of the hi-hat, but it would be great to have the chunk of the hi-hat pedal

1. The latency under an ASIO driver can be as low as 15-20ms (under the right conditions)

2. It can be really 100% accurate as soon as you are accurate in your strikes. Should be as close to the mark point as possible.

3. An open/close hi-hat without same kind of physical foot pedal obviously cannot be implemented. But the open/closed hi-hat sound playback is are mutually exclusive so they sound right when you switch from one to the other.

DrumsAnywhere wrote:1. The latency under an ASIO driver can be as low as 15-20ms (under the right conditions)

2. It can be really 100% accurate as soon as you are accurate in your strikes. Should be as close to the mark point as possible.

3. An open/close hi-hat without same kind of physical foot pedal obviously cannot be implemented. But the open/closed hi-hat sound playback is are mutually exclusive so they sound right when you switch from one to the other.
thanks or your replies

with regard to point 3, maybe i should be clearer. i know it would not work to emulate the open/close function, but i am referring to the use of the pedal to keep time or to underscore the rhythm when using the ride cymbal

thanks

@ DrumsAnywhere.... I really like this product but i cannot get it to function ...Ive tried to audition the software many times on several Windows 8 machines ( NET Framework 4.5.2 ) But i keep getting system error messages.

The random missing dll error messages regenerate even when ive manually located & installed them & rebooted ..

i can access the software functions but this is very common sight..

Your main website has also malfunctioned..So i had to seek out a demo from a 3rd party installer with their extra unwanted features...

@ DrumsAnywhere .. I hope i'm not explaining the obvious but there are many basic questions being asked in this topic..Why are there so many questions when it would've been easier to just download the demo?

I feel that i need to emphasise the reasoning as it may have been overlooked...

Recording musicians etc are very careful & selective on what they choose to install on there dedicated machines... It only takes one installed item to cause complications & also destroy the vibe , spirit & essence etc etc of the session....

DrumsAnywhere is a great product but please do not overlook our rituals & culture....The software has got to be solid , reliable & unobtrusive .We also need customer service/ developer response when issues arise. Or it will have no chance of being installed in a serious creative environment... .

You can easily remedy the minor issues by creating a message board & enlisting more beta testers.
Could you also please consider an option to scale or reduce the screen size? As It seems excessive for 8 drum pads .

My background

I'm a self taught drummer. Ive also designed & built alternate versions of e drums , triggers & contact mics.
click here to view them within KVR diy sub forum .
I'm happy with my builds . But the wiring ,cables , modules & racks etc can be a headache & eyesore with miniature kits or when travelling..

I think this software can be very useful aid for a drum programmer to quickly get some ideas down .. I also feel it can complement an existing kit...( I will personally use anything when recording drums but i always try to use my hardware hihat & kick drum pedals for developing & maintaining muscle memory )

I hope you can rectify these minor issues as i'm a potential customer..

tific
Cubase Elements 7 , Audiostrom Professor.. Turntables ,Bass guitar , Drums,

Hello,

We normally answer within 24 hours all the support requests if you email our the support team directly (we cannot possibly check all the forums in a timely fashion)

To resolve this error you need to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition. Refer the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679#

Hope this helps!

We are happy to announce the release of new version of DrumsAnywhere 1.2

This version resolves most of the problems mentioned in this forum (including the missing DLL error.)

Download your free demo now at: http://www.drumsanywhere.com/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”