Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

macmurphy wrote:Image
I would bleed all over that thing. Which would probably look pretty bitchen. ;)

Deep Purple wrote:That's as bad as all those guys in the 70s who had custom made guitars that they later admitted were awful to play and they never used in the studios. Mostly British glam rock bands I think.

Give me function and sound over novelty any day!
I don't know .. there's function, form and then fun. It doesn't hurt to have a little fun now and again. I always loved those goof ball guitars that were obviously unplayable and sound like crap. Just guys having some fun.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

It's arrived..there's a gold wash over the ash that's not coming out too well due to massive blue LED floodlight knocking the crap out of the colour balance...the six position tone knob isn't much use but the dual nine volt overdrive circuitry can take you well into metal territory without bothering with pedals.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I think you are going to need more walls to hang your guitars soon.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

werp wrote:It's arrived..there's a gold wash over the ash that's not coming out too well due to massive blue LED floodlight knocking the crap out of the colour balance...the six position tone knob isn't much use but the dual nine volt overdrive circuitry can take you well into metal territory without bothering with pedals.
Congrats! Looks like it fits right in.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

nice guitar werp. nice collection too.

Thanks all.
I've just done it again.. A steampunked ESP SV. Active EMG 81s, ebony fingerboard, neck through..my wife is hoping I run out of walls soon.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:Thanks all.
I've just done it again.. A steampunked ESP SV. Active EMG 81s, ebony fingerboard, neck through..my wife is hoping I run out of walls soon.
Looks great,
Just dangle em from the ceiling like chandeliers. Seams to work for Scott Grove https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGbSLmGyf8
Look when he pans up he's got posts coming down from the ceiling that supports a bar from which the necks are hung.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

That's incredible! I wouldn't be able to play it live, it would cut me to pieces and I'd bleed everywhere. It already happens to me on guitars that don't have blades on them.

just placed an order for this -

Sweet

macmurphy wrote:just placed an order for this -
These new TL's have been really popular. They remind me of Schecter Telecasters that Pete Townsend played in the 80s.

Local music store had an evening sale with 30% on all guitars. I suppose I didn't really need another guitar. But as I didn't have anything Les Paulish I had already before noticed a Samick LC650 for a fair second hand price, now turned into a deal. Tried it out and it felt really good. And, well, it was my birthday last Sunday...

Happy birthday to me!

Looks pretty much like a clone to this one:
http://s192.photobucket.com/user/Guitar ... 4.jpg.html

Interesting body shape! I like that it's got Gotoh tuners, those are the best.

Uncle E wrote:Interesting body shape! I like that it's got Gotoh tuners, those are the best.
Samick made several changes in body shape in the series. These "cut off cutaways" seems to have been the last ones before Samick started the Greg Bennetts so it's probably from 2000-2001. I really didn't like the shape at first, but it does look better irl than on pictures for some reason. I'm already used to it now. It's built real solid overall I would say, Samick tried hard to do it the right way on these.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”