Anyone experience with gideen.com?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Received a mail by them inviting me to join.
Seems they are scanning the bandcamp users to get them over.

Citation from the page:

"Gideen is the first breed of a
new 3.0 music company
that aligns economic interests
between music makers...
...music marketers, and music
users, simply by working
together and sharing future
music income."

Obviously they want to do some mashup:
"It does not require any changes on your side, you can continue using bandcamp or any other platform you like."

EDIT: Found this, some infos on the crowdfunding campaign they did:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gide ... y#comments

So I'm just interested to hear if anyone here does use the thing and how it is (pitfalls, advantages etc.)?
Hopefully some users speak and not the guys from the company show up first. :)
Last edited by thomekk on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Maybe too new, time for the guinea-pigs
Symphony Nr.1

thomekk wrote:Received a mail by them inviting me to join.
Seems they are scanning the bandcamp users to get them over.

Citation from the page:

"Gideen is the first breed of a
new 3.0 music company
that aligns economic interests
between music makers...
...music marketers, and music
users, simply by working
together and sharing future
music income."

Obviously they want to do some mashup:
"It does not require any changes on your side, you can continue using bandcamp or any other platform you like."

EDIT: Found this, some infos on the crowdfounding campaign they did:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gide ... y#comments

So I'm just interested to hear if anyone here does use the thing and how it is (pitfalls, advantages etc.)?
Hopefully some users speak and not the guys from the company show up first. :)
Never heard of them. And with a name like "Gideen", I'm not sure anyone would assume they have anything to do with music at all. I keep thinking "Glidden"...as in paint.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

"We''ll make every song a profit center."

Oh, that bodes well. Soulless yuppies create "Music 3.0". Real trustworthy.

P.T. Barnum once said that there was a sucker born every minute. Here in the 21st Century there are THREE born every minute.

It looks interesting but it's not clear the project is still up and running judging from the indiegogo page...

I have over 30 years in the music business as a artist, songwriter, recording engineer with labels and publishers. Old school experience and transitioned to the digital age. You all know (or should know) scammers in the business are more prevalent now than ever before.. The most blatant asking for money up front for their services or guidance. Gideen on the other hand, does not have upfront cost period. You keep all rights to your song(s). If music seekers select your song, Gideen becomes your publisher on a song to song basis. You are not locked in. In my book, Gideen is the best deal out there. Just read their legal form....it's all good. I do not work for them. I am an Indie songwriter/producer.

So good of you to come here and sign up specifically to resurrect this old thread. Since you are clearly not affiliated with this company in any way, might i say how much we all appreciate your impartial opinions and insight. Any doubts we may have had about the legitimacy of this company are now surely gone. :D

mutantdog wrote:So good of you to come here and sign up specifically to resurrect this old thread. Since you are clearly not affiliated with this company in any way, might i say how much we all appreciate your impartial opinions and insight. Any doubts we may have had about the legitimacy of this company are now surely gone. :D
:lol:

Its funny, though. Isnt this exactly what happened with some other comapny recently? Nomamusic, mebbe? Company throws themselves at folk unsolicted, guy posts here asking if its shady, newcomer claiming lengthy experience and credentials turns up specifically to vouchsafe them.

Its like deja vu all over again.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

mutantdog wrote:So good of you to come here and sign up specifically to resurrect this old thread. Since you are clearly not affiliated with this company in any way, might i say how much we all appreciate your impartial opinions and insight. Any doubts we may have had about the legitimacy of this company are now surely gone. :D
Well, I guess if you're going to use your one and only post on KVR, you might as well make it count, right?

Because that doesn't look suspicious. :roll:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

My name is Heiko Schmidt and I'm CEO of Gideen and Parasongs International with music publishing companies in Germany, Japan, Australia and the US.

I agree 150% with mutantdog. There are so many scammers out there trying to ripp musicians, artists, music producers and smaller record labels off.
And this is the same old song over and over again, e.g. so called "promotion" firms or "digital distributors" or
just companies who keep your false hopes up to - yes - get our money.

And here is how:
They pretend to have any type of industry people in the back and if you pay, they will discover your talent and make you famous and rich.
But the ugly truth is:
There are only 300,000 super-hitsongs out there with income larger than 700$/year including all revenue streams (sales, publishing, streaming...)
But 650 million recordings make less than US$2/year, most of them 0$.
And 20 million new recordings are produced and published just in 2014, that's 8 million more than the whole
music industry has contracted within the last 100 years.
These companies know that and that's why charge you upfront, e.g. 20$ for "listening and commenting", or 56$ for distributing your song to streaming and sales platforms.
And advertise with "you can keep 100% of your rights" to sell you the illusion, that you are in control.
But bottom line for you: You pay 56$ to get it up and receive less than 2$ back. A perfect ripp off business.
Because if 99.99% of a companies customers will lose money by using a service - that is a classic ripp off.

Now Gideen was developed exactly for this scenario.
Usually, after you have tried hard to promote your songs for month or years, your record label gave everything they can, your manager has pulled all strings, you/they give up actively marketing your music.
Because Marketing/Promotion Costs are higher than the song income.
And until now, this is the end of the road.

Gideen starts exactly at this point helping "orphan" music, hyper distributes this music to all possible platforms, creates micro revenues via advertisement, tracks unauthorized use, connects the music with more than 100 million video makers who are looking for music every day.
That creates a few $ to a few thousand $/song and year and after approx. 5 years, we bundle hundred thousands of songs in "catalogs" and sell the ownership of the music recording and music copyrights to institutional investors for 12 to 15 times forward revenues. Possible, because in such very large catalogs, the risk is very much diversified.
That makes out of "the end of the road" with less than 2$/song and year a few thousand or ten thousand $ / song.

And it is a second chance for great music, who wouldn't be discovered or promoted otherwise.
Just think about all the great album tracks, never promoted with just pennies in income/year.

And as Gideen's system really works, we don't charge you and that makes it risk free for you.
We work for a 50% equity stake in your recording/song, like any other music publisher in the world. So if we can't create any results, we will lose money.
And as we started as songwriters/producers ourselves and hate to have our good songs locked into deals with publishers and record labels and no one is working on it or producing results, we invented a pledge deal:
You can delete the song any time you want if we can't deliver results. No exclusive deal anymore.
If we can deliver, we are in with our 50% and share the outcome as partners with you 1:1.

And here is another truth:
We are the only ones in the world who want to work with this type of low revenue assets.
No publisher, record label, artist manager will pick it up and invest, because handling costs are higher than revenues and they will not sponsor your business.

Hi all
I have a friend that joined them and said they are just a waste of time the site says they invest in your career but if that is the case why did they need crowd funding to start with. Not all record labels and publishers rip people off thats total trash. He's now had some success contacting companies on his own behalf without signing to a contract on your own songs what he says gideen make you do. He showed me in the dashboard and its user friendly that is a goodthing and supposedly they promote you to there contacts but he said here is the catch. You do all the work why they sit there doing nothing at all until you make something happen and then they jump in just like a traditional record company would. Guys you got to hear some of the songs on there they are terrible i could not believe it there is no filter or quality control it seems like they will accept anyone just to get some kind of promotion for themselves. Why would the CEO be going around the internet posting stuff? that just says your not busy and no one is taking notice because what your doing is not working. He said do not sign up to them you dont need them they are another company doing the same thing as many others just wearing different clothes no success stories no opportunities nothing

Why would the CEO be going around the internet posting stuff?
1. Because this is KVR and everyone wants to be here. There are a plenty of professionals who matter.
2. Because CEOs eventually use subordinates to post on their behalf.

What Heiko posted makes sense for me, though I don't have something to share right now.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

doubled
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

thomekk wrote:Maybe too new, time for the guinea-pigs
+1 sounds a bit too much like they are looking for Gideen pigs :D

Thanks Heiko Schmidt,

for your reply :)

Will have to check your site again and think 8)

A little bit strange though that two new guys wrote here with only one post.
Symphony Nr.1

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”