Eventide H3000 alternatives? Soundtoys?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H3000 Factory

this seems to be a really neat effects vst, what is the opinion about it here on kvr? im not very common with Eventide?
would you say there is something as an alternative? maybe from soundtoys or else?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Craziness of Eventide can't be matched. But Reverbs/Delays of Valhalla and Soundtoys are close. Others are getting there. Another alternative is the stomp boxes.

The kore Reaktor Effekt Expansions and molekular are close to craziness, also d16 sigmund and u-he uhbik have some similarities, but if you browse the h3000 preset library you find no alternative, otherwise you can rebuild these effects with a bunch of other effect plugins, but I am not able to, so I like to tweak around the 4 macros in eventide, to get quick results which surprise me.

maybe you can't match exact eventide sound, but soundtoys native bundle is well worth it imo.
crystaliser, echoboy are must haves for me. the others are great too. i like how they appear fairly simple, but all of them have hidden controls where you can really go crazy :) The guys who designed the eventide h3000 hardware set up soundtoys... so they do know their stuff when it comes to fx.

Some of the Soundtoys guys programed the Eventide H3000 when they used to work for them. Like already said. The Soundtoys Microshift has an emulation of an algo in the H3000.

Another to look at is Exponential Audio Excalibur made by a dev who worked for Lexicon.

2nd Excalibur, outstanding quality, but not easy to use, it's just a preset machine for me at the moment but I'm very time poor.

Jax Pok wrote:Some of the Soundtoys guys programed the Eventide H3000 when they used to work for them. Like already said. The Soundtoys Microshift has an emulation of an algo in the H3000.

Another to look at is Exponential Audio Excalibur made by a dev who worked for Lexicon.

True, CRYSTALLIZER was inspired by the Crystal Echoes presets in the Eventide H3000.

Excalibur is great but different, more warm and old school analog.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

they are different product , i like to use and abuse of soundtoys the same way of h3000.the only alternative for h3000 i can imagine is a reaktor ensemble made by yourself to stick to your need..
If i remember correctly there was a sale not so long ago from eventide on the H3000 (-50%,thx God for let me have it for 80$..) , maybe it's still running....

GuitarRig can get pretty crazy with Psychedelay and the rest of it's components. It even has a "Crystalline" preset to get you started.

geroyannis wrote:GuitarRig can get pretty crazy with Psychedelay and the rest of it's components. It even has a "Crystalline" preset to get you started.
+1

I recommend getting the Traktor12 add on for extra glitchiness

Wish they did more add ons that can be integrated and linked to the internal modulators but they stopped doing that a few years ago
Amazon: why not use an alternative

geroyannis wrote:GuitarRig can get pretty crazy with Psychedelay and the rest of it's components. It even has a "Crystalline" preset to get you started.
+1 Guitar rig is a very very capable effects rack, they should have just called it FX Rig! With Convolution Reverb and the crazy Tractor effects together with some very well modelled analogue preamps, chorus and more types of delay than you will ever need (and even the container for advanced routing and control) you can probably do just about anything with Guitar Rig! (I still like my Valhala Reverbs though, I am hoping the next time NI release Guitar Rig they let it load VST's in the rack..)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yamaha Rivage announced a H3000 emulation as "coming soon"
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

What specifically about the H3000 is it that interests you?? It's a bit of a unique device, kind of like a multi-effects unit.

If you, however, are after a reverb that is capable of a similar type flavour, try checking out the Waves newbie, H-Reverb.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/h-reverb-h ... h-tutorial

It's ver nice sounding and flexible. Getting lots of good hype too, across the forums.

Yamaha Rivage.....coming soon?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

PSP N2O maybe?

I crave a H3000 myself, though…
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “Effects”