2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

bundoo wrote:I've been trying the demo.
My experience was lots of pops and clicks even when buffer size matched 1024. Also was disappointed not to be able to adjust the picture area more easily...a la meta synth...
We are working something for this goal.
The red dot things were a bit cryptic...
This is a display of the tuning map. Hide the image and you will see a display of the background with various drew markings/grid.
I know it's just a different beast but ease of use and clarity of operation are key...will look forward to 1.1 changes...seeing that Simon has done a zillion jam videos why not knock up a tutorial one of these nights?
Videos will come after 1.1

Galbanum wrote:
lnikj wrote:Yes. Try 1024 on both.
Even both at 256 should be fine. In many cases the best result is when the KS size and the the host size are the same. 256 or higher is ideal.

I'm just speaking from experience. Like zerocrossing, I have a 2.5GHz I7 and I definitely need to go to 1024 to avoid glitching.

Here comes some minimal KaleidoMusic with 5 instances of KS all using the same image for creating the polyrhythms, 2 of them using an additional image for more resonator animation, similar tuning files from the factory library (Architecture Vol. 1), changing route notes on the fly to create new harmonic relations, mixed live on video. Only the internal noise generator was used to excite the resonators, VRoom adds some reverb on a Bus. Instant Philip Glass meets Steve Reich!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtC1UKm8D00

Have not tested the demo yet .will do so soon .
But , from my first impression it seems that there are no piant tools available ...and it seems that all the pictures are made by galbanum , who iirc made a lot of patches for metasynth by use of photoshop.
So this is like metasynth's filter room but without the editing options . :(
It would be nice , having some kind of metasynth feeling for pc.
:clap: paint tools would bring it to the next level .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Sampleconstruct wrote:Instant Philip Glass meets Steve Reich!
I threw up a bit in my mouth when I read this

Daags wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Instant Philip Glass meets Steve Reich!
I threw up a bit in my mouth when I read this
Did it taste good?

:hihi:

tasted better than my father's cooking anyway :)

Here comes an orchestral sort of string drone trio, again using only the internal noise generator to excite the resonators, mixed live on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zibCexkrD4E

Paint tools :party:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here comes an orchestral sort of string drone trio, again using only the internal noise generator to excite the resonators, mixed live on video:

That is my fave yet. I'm hearing a multitude of chords working together in that that I really like. It belongs in granular guitars 2. Screw granular on this one. :hihi:

On another unrelated note: it would be cool, Imo, to have an option to undock the input from the output displays and view them simultaneously.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here comes an orchestral sort of string drone trio, again using only the internal noise generator to excite the resonators, mixed live on video:

That is my fave yet. I'm hearing a multitude of chords working together in that that I really like. It belongs in granular guitars 2. Screw granular on this one. :hihi:

On another unrelated note: it would be cool, Imo, to have an option to undock the input from the output displays and view them simultaneously.
LOL, sounds like a plan, granular guitars without guitars and without granular... :tu:

+1 on your proposal of stereo view of the In- and Output module, would be great indeed.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
+1 on your proposal of stereo view of the In- and Output module, would be great indeed.
Where would we put it?

Actually I am installing a 4k display today to see how our plugs look on them etc. So GUI could be larger. But most people don't have this yet.

Make it undockable maybe, like the individual modules in Halion.

In my case, I'd drag it to another monitor, however, I think they would both fit on one at 1920 x 1080.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:In my case, I'd drag it to another monitor, however, I think they would both fit on one at 1920 x 1080.
They would not. Current gui is 1280*640. Image area is 1024*512. So if we continue to show the full image size for both then we need at least 2560*1440 monitor sizes.

Also we are doing things that will complicate matters further in 1.1 as u will see. :wink:

So this topic is something to think about for a later update maybe. Prob not immediately.

Return to “Effects”