I want to hire someone to create an instrumental sound or two

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something I haven't quite heard anywhere. Some departure points are piano, trombone/french horn/English horn, soft pads/leads, as well as some sounds effects I have recordings of. Something having the characteristics of each, but not sounding like any one of them.

Guitar is my triggering device. I'm using a Fishman Triple Play. (I'm keeping track (hah) of the Midi Guitar and MiGic threads, but I don't have a good interface for it.)

Stipulations are that the 'instrument' must bend and glissando smoothly, and it must be workstation-independent.

This won't be a full-time project, but it will likely take several (or several, several) back and forths. PM me with your questions and fee/rate requirements.
Last edited by neshel on Fri May 22, 2015 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

bump

Any new takers?

Hi. Bumper crop.

bump for the hump

Mo bumps in da road!

do the shit yourseæf,like the(some)of us

S-N-S wrote:do the shit yourseæf,like the(some)of us
I've tried. The skills and effort needed are beyond me. But maybe what I want is beyond anyone.

**Admin: I accidentally pressed the flag button....and then wondered why my post didn't show.

Mo bumps in da road.

You haven't had any responses because what you're asking for is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Your never-heard-before, "workstation-independent" pianohornpadleadsfxglissando guitar synth patch does not exist in this or any other world. Why don't you just get something like Omnisphere which has more sounds than you could listen to in a lifetime and be done with it?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It's probably easier to be done with it.

What synth do you use, to begin with?

Or maybe not. Ideas and desires are hard to put away.....though until I find a sound I want to play, that's all they are.

fluffy_little_something wrote:What synth do you use, to begin with?
I've played around with Hypersonic 2, and Sample Tank 2.5.5 . Problem with Hypersonic is it's all preset patches; there doesn't seem to be a way to zero out all the parameters and start with plain samples. There's a similar problem with Sample Tank, at least regarding the synth samples. Not sure I care for any of them anyways. Out of the box, the only sample I've cared for is one of the tenor trombones; but messing with it makes it sound....lesser. Sample Tank also changes its behavior of sounding and muting samples by what order I select 'solo' and 'mute'. I swear it wasn't originally like that. Regardless, it's kind of lame.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/03 ... -midi-vst/.
Download that and wire it to Miroslav or something.

arkmabat wrote:http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/03 ... -midi-vst/.
Download that and wire it to Miroslav or something.
I don't know what you're gettin at, dude.

Return to “Sound Design”