XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kirsty roland wrote:The download works perfectly.
Perhaps you have some Windows internet explorer problem.
I use Ubuntu + Firefox for all my Internet access.

Kirsty
I don't use internet explorer, I am using google chrome with adblock and I am prompted to download an exe (after unticking download manager)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

Update.

I unticked the download manager, then right clicked the download button and chose "Save link as" and it gave me the zip - :?

Download worked smoothly here on firefox latest version.
:tu:
Hi Kirsty
Thanks for the updated new version.
But...the chorus is still unusable... and the gui issue is still too weird.
Each host asks a different and completly random location.
Reaper asks to put it in the latest folder it used (i.e. the lates folder where a project or a file was saved by reaper)
Cantabile asks to put in system32. Other host other locations as well
And so on...too weird, I should copy the Xsrdo folder several time depending on how many host I may use.
The only one that just open it right away without any issue and with the gui up and showing fine is SAVIhost Standalone version, which is the one I'm finally using for your vst.
I guess I will give up, cannot keep copying several XSRDO folders all over the computer hard disk..
Well, anyway thanks for sharing and the update (the arp feature is pretty nice) and best wishes for your moving. :tu:
Greets

I'm getting a warning about malware on the site... I will investigate later when I can use my home laptop.

For me the download too didn't work.
Now - since it is only one zip file again - it worked...

Thanks Kirsty, look forward to trying this update out. Hope the moves goes well.
DrewDale wrote:Update.
I unticked the download manager, then right clicked the download button and chose "Save link as" and it gave me the zip - :?
Thanks, this worked for me with IE on the fourth attempt.
cornutt wrote:I'm getting a warning about malware on the site... I will investigate later when I can use my home laptop.
I get this with McAfee, I'm sure it's related to all that adware stuff on the page as pwms_v065.zip (and the extracted files) come out with a clean bill of health when I scan with again with McAfee.

Sadly, I also have to report an unworking download. Firefox here for me and I am getting warnings from my Anti-virus software (Avast Premier) Not prepared to take the risk. I will stick to the earlier beta. :neutral:

Maomoondog wrote:Sadly, I also have to report an unworking download. Firefox here for me and I am getting warnings from my Anti-virus software (Avast Premier) Not prepared to take the risk. I will stick to the earlier beta. :neutral:
Try this:
Untick the download manager, then right click the download button and chose "Save link as" and it will download the zip. No threat found, all Ok. :wink:

n/m

Wow. Just WOW! This is an awesome synth! I have been using an earlier V1.0 with fixed modules for a while now - had no idea you had continued development until @xoxos mentioned it.
I have always worked with analog synths, and their equivalents in the VST world, so I have a ton of questions about the sample and wavetable oscillators. They look incredibly powerful, but I went looking here on KVR for any discussion about them and didn't find anything. My biggest question about the wavetable oscillator is "what is the file format?" While I admire the built-in editor, I just can't picture myself generating all those curves by hand. I have used an incredibly powerful waveform editing package called Igor Pro for nearly 2 decades - I can load in a few waveforms, then type in a few equations to generate the intermediate shapes, and have a beautiful wavetable ready to go in minutes - I just need to understand how to write the output file so pwms can read it. I assume the "Wave" input to the module selects which wave from the table is output through time.....
When it comes to the sampler, my biggest question is "can I put multiple samples in a file, with the sample selected by note range (like 1 sample for each octave)?" If not, I *think* I can string together multiple oscillators, and use quantizers to "enable" a different oscillator for different note ranges....
Thyis is going to be fun! Why do I always discover these neat toys on the last day of my vacation? >_<

I just noticed a missing module - your old SE version 1.0 had a "voltage" module that gave me 1V and 1/12V as very useful 1 octave and 1 semitone inputs to the quantizer, and an octave shift input to the oscillators. I miss it :( Having the "knob" module calibrated in volts, tenths, and hundredths would help here, or alternatively, a <ctrl> click or similar that allows a precise floating point number to be typed in for a knob.

OK guys, I must be missing something. I just built a simple patch with a 2 VCO, 2 ADSR, 2 VCA synth driven by the sequencer plus the keyboard CV, and it took 18 modules! Almost all of them are "infrastructure" - stuff just to make modules talk to other modules. I noticed the first two immediately - there simply are no patches that need the keyboard CV and gate in only one place, so right off the bat I lose 2 bays to splitters for those signals. Then I needed not-gate to hold the sequencer in reset until a key was pressed, so another bay for an inverter. Then the sequencer needs a clock, and we also want that clock to trigger the ADSRs only when a key is pressed, so I need an amplifier with the clock as input (thankfully the clock has multiple outputs) and the keyboard gate on the gain (another splitter, since the gate is also feeding the inverter) to feed the gate splitter driving the ADSRs.
Am I overthinking this and missing something obvious?

XSRDO Patchwork Modular System v0.77

Update includes...
- Now with 36 Virtual Racks
- Currently 39 Modules
- Improved main oscillator
- Digital and Analog Sequencer modules
- Now remembers where you put Sample and Wavetable files.
(I use C:\XSRDO\... but you can easily change this location)
- Some GUI Improvements
- One page for everything
{The sequencer is being replaced with DIY modules)
(The wavetable editor is being replaced by an independant desktop version)

Designed for my new 1080p monitor :)

http://xsrdo.net16.net/ -> Free Download

Thanks for trying my vst :)
Kirsty

Looks wonderful! Thanks for the update :)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

yay :D
been wondering what you've been up to, will try it out tomorrow.
thanks for this!
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Fixed a bug with demo mode error :oops:
Now works in Reaper 64bit (bridged).
For anyone who downloaded v0.77 I highly recommend you re-download from the same link and overwrite the .DLL

http://xsrdo.net16.net/ -> Free Download

K

Return to “Modular Synthesis”