Installation instructions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There seems to be a step missing in the installation instructions on the website:
1. Grab the .vkeyfile keyfile and download links from your account (i.e. click the My Account label in the upper right of this window).
2. Save the .vkeyfile keyfile to your desktop. DON’T OPEN THIS. You’ll be using this in a future step.
3. Click on the installer link (that works for your OS) in the email, and download the installer to your computer.
4. Open your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, i.e. the program that you record with and that hosts the plugins. Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Logic, etc.)
5. Go to the list of available plugins in your DAW, select your new Valhalla DSP plugin, and put it on a channel in your DAW.
6. An alert window will pop up, asking you to browse to the .vkeyfile keyfile. Do this and click “OK.”
Shouldn't there be a step between 3 and 4 where the plugin actually gets installed? I was able to install just fine, by the way. I unpacked the ZIP file and ran the installer. I've never been good at following instructions. :hihi:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Oh, I did buy all valhalla plugins but I never knew about an account. Did I miss a mail or something?

pough wrote:Shouldn't there be a step between 3 and 4 where the plugin actually gets installed?
:dog:

Thanks for pointing this out! I've updated the FAQ to add "run the installer," as well as a Windows-specific step for the installer.

Sean Costello

manducator wrote:Oh, I did buy all valhalla plugins but I never knew about an account. Did I miss a mail or something?
No emails yet, but your stuff MIGHT all be in your account. More details here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=434149

Return to “Valhalla DSP”