Zynaptiq Morph

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Alchemy's morph can at some point do the job, but the results are often poor and not very good. Not fun to use and not in real time.
You can morph in realtime with Alchemy and I have found it gives useful results if you set it up right and carefully choose material. Alchemy 2 was going to have much better morphing.

I'm excited about this though, unfortunately Zynaptic have a history of going for high prices for their plugins which may place it out of reach but I hope not.
How can Alchemy morph incoming audio in real time while it's an instrument using loaded samples?
You didn't say anything about incoming audio, obviously it's an instrument not an effect, but it still morphs in realtime.

OK maybe I didn't express myself correctly at first. What I meant is that the cool thing about this Morph 2 plugin is that in takes in incoming audio and morphs it in real time, like a vocoder or any other effects :P

Yes I know that, I didn't imagine you had any expectation that Alchemy could morph incoming audio as it's an instrument so it never entered my head that that's what you were complaining it couldn't do.

8)

Anyway, can't wait to try that one. Sounds definitly like a winner. But... yeah lets hope it doesn't cost an arm. For a niche tool only doing a very specific task, I'm not sure if people will be willing to spend $400 just for morphs (and experimental weirdness)...

This sounds interesting...

Can Kyma morph incoming audio in real time? I thought it had that Tau editor or whatever it's called which lets you map the morph points between two samples.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This Kyma demo is pretty fascinating. It shows how it’s possible to morph between 4 totally different sounds; a Tuva singer, a flute, a meow cat and a bongo hits loop. Very different in term of pitch and timbres, so I’m not sure about the argument I often heard about Alchemy that can morph but only with similar sounds & pitch. I think that with a solid and powerful spectral morphing algorithm, morphing between pretty much any sounds is possible. So far, only Kyma succeed doing that type of thing though.

http://ssc-media.com/Movies/KymaX82/mor ... 20iPad.mov

Asked them for a release date via their website: http://www.zynaptiq.com/news/ but no response yet and my email even bounced back as undelivered :?:

Neon Breath wrote:Asked them for a release date via their website: http://www.zynaptiq.com/news/ but no response yet and my email even bounced back as undelivered :?:
They told me recently that they're still a small company so i assume they might be victim of their own success...

What do you mean by victim of their own success? Difficulty to respond to emails and such? Yeah I guess that's possible.

Neon Breath wrote:This Kyma demo is pretty fascinating. It shows how it’s possible to morph between 4 totally different sounds; a Tuva singer, a flute, a meow cat and a bongo hits loop. Very different in term of pitch and timbres, so I’m not sure about the argument I often heard about Alchemy that can morph but only with similar sounds & pitch. I think that with a solid and powerful spectral morphing algorithm, morphing between pretty much any sounds is possible. So far, only Kyma succeed doing that type of thing though.

http://ssc-media.com/Movies/KymaX82/mor ... 20iPad.mov
This is clearly unbeatable... I'm in live with Kyma, but it's gonna be for another life ;)

it's out now :D
...but servers must be having a hard time on their end ;P ... showing 5hours for me to dl a 250something MB file :lol:

$89? Hm. Hopefully Jrrshop or another reseller will be able to offer the upgrades at a discounted price.

WOW It's fantastic... just WOW

I have bought this upgrade already.

Jedinhopy wrote:I have bought this upgrade already.
Yes. And…? :hyper:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”