VA Vs A

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote: Anyway, Sylenth is not exactly the latest or best plugin, so it is a bit unfair to use it in order to prove anything :wink:
Agreed, to my ears, it just doesn't. It doesn't even take much pushing really. I don't think that new EDM is about sounding analog anyway. Diva and Monark are still the best examples today, I haven't heard anything better yet.

ghettosynth wrote:
Kriminal wrote:As there have been a ton of these threads, can 'we' not just collect the general consensus from all those, post them here, and lock the thread?

Seems a bit pointless pontificating the same old 'facts'....
Locking threads is so last century.
as are analogue synths and versus threads, rather apt dont you think...?

Which page will the results be on?

Kriminal wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Kriminal wrote:As there have been a ton of these threads, can 'we' not just collect the general consensus from all those, post them here, and lock the thread?

Seems a bit pointless pontificating the same old 'facts'....
Locking threads is so last century.
as are analogue synths and versus threads, rather apt dont you think...?

Which page will the results be on?
The question that we've been discussing is how to realistically conduct blind tests. That answer has already been started, if you would like to contribute further insight, I'm all ears.

There is no answer. At least not a correct one.

Ive read most of these threads. They mainly evolve around ppl giving an opinion (everyones got one...yay!) and you putting them right.

Sure, you might have some knowledge and experience, interesting reading sometimes, but other ppl do too and their opinions are sometimes as equally valid...

And so the endless circle of 'these threads' goes round again.

I wonder if ppl prefer to make music or argue about the tools... over and over...

So, without being rude, and with respect, the thread seems quite pointless.

Do you really want to play 'guess the analogue synth' game? What happens if you guess every single on wrong?

Dunno if i made my point or not, hopefully you get my drift...

How does the Korg MS2000 (which is a VA hardware synth) sound compared to a good plugin?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I could not imagine spending a single cent on a hardware MONO synth.
I can understand that when you think Sylenth sounds the same as a good analogue monosynth :lol:
Indeed, it can sound like a Minimoog, yes.
not even remotely close

We really need to do away with this "VA" term, as it is meaningless.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Kriminal wrote:There is no answer. At least not a correct one.

Ive read most of these threads. They mainly evolve around ppl giving an opinion (everyones got one...yay!) and you putting them right.

Sure, you might have some knowledge and experience, interesting reading sometimes, but other ppl do too and their opinions are sometimes as equally valid...
Dude, just add me to your ignore list and then you don't have to read what I write. Right now you just seem to be sticking your nose in a disagreement that I have with someone else since I haven't "put you right", so to speak, in this thread.

pdxindy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I could not imagine spending a single cent on a hardware MONO synth.
I can understand that when you think Sylenth sounds the same as a good analogue monosynth :lol:
Indeed, it can sound like a Minimoog, yes.
not even remotely close
Exactly!

Again, if I can make sounds on something like Sylenth that sound very similar to the ones on records from a time when everyone used analog synths, I can't take such comments seriously, to be honest...

And so the endless circle of 'these threads' goes round again.

I wonder if ppl prefer to make music or argue about the tools... over and over...

So, without being rude, and with respect, the thread seems quite pointless.

Do you really want to play 'guess the analogue synth' game? What happens if you guess every single on wrong?

Dunno if i made my point or not, hopefully you get my drift...
Some people seem to enjoy arguing about threads that they see no point in lol!

With respect, there are not many endeavours more pointless than overhearing other people having a conversation and butting in to tell them that there is no point in their conversation or that they should stop having it because others already know the answers (even if there are none).

The web is full of threads I find boring - solution: I don't read them! :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Again, if I can make sounds on something like Sylenth that sound very similar to the ones on records from a time when everyone used analog synths, I can't take such comments seriously, to be honest...
You can make sounds on almost any plugin that sound "similar" to vintage synths. You can make sounds on a D50, hell, even a DX7, that sound similar to vintage synths. You can make sounds similar to a Steinway with Kontakt, but that is not going to convince a concert pianist that they are interchangeable.

Well, of course not, who would even expect that? A concert pianist would only be happy with the real thing. But most people using plugins are not the equivalent of concert pianists. Many have never even owned or played a classic analog synth...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Again, if I can make sounds on something like Sylenth that sound very similar to the ones on records from a time when everyone used analog synths, I can't take such comments seriously, to be honest...
Okay, here is a youtube video of guy playing some classic funk type sounds on a Moog Sub 37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwI0PT ... freload=10

No effects, no compression... just raw synth.

So turn off the fx on Sylenth and try to make some sounds like this. This is the easy stuff to emulate...

ghettosynth wrote:

Dude, just add me to your ignore list and then you don't have to read what I write. Right now you just seem to be sticking your nose in a disagreement that I have with someone else since I haven't "put you right", so to speak, in this thread.

You cant 'put me right' and i dont do mutes.

Why dont you ignore all these threads instead of sticking your nose in and trying to 'educate' ppl. It doesnt work. You're not 'right'.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”