2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Thank you very much, Voice303, Rustman, and Simon, for your help today! I think I'm making progress, but I'm a slow learner at best. I am R(ing)TFM, but I'm only halfway through. I'm sure I will do fine, and your help is sooo valuable.

later,
John

Holy shit Kaleidoscope can sound like a PHAT filter :love:

Uploading a demo very soon along with an example preset.

No problem John. It took me till yesterday to realize there were seperate input and output layers :D
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Yeah, I didn't see that either, input and output. I'll have to pay attention to that... Look forward to your demo!

Doing some DAW automation using Kaleidoscope as a phat band pass filter sounding effect. Check around 1:28

https://soundcloud.com/voice303/tribal-jam#t=1:28

Here is the preset for the filter sounding effect I am using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq4ma3z1qp7pk ... r.2ca?dl=0

I think its effectively acting as somewhat of a band pass filter with that sine wave image and also doing some trippy panning / colorizing stuff.

jtenney wrote:Thank you very much, Voice303, Rustman, and Simon, for your help today! I think I'm making progress, but I'm a slow learner at best. I am R(ing)TFM, but I'm only halfway through. I'm sure I will do fine, and your help is sooo valuable.

later,
John
Took me months to learn/grasp/embrace KS, we didn't have a manual when the Beta started so we had to do it the intuitive way, which was actually pretty good in retrospective.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Took me months to learn/grasp/embrace KS,
Looks like you have learnt/grasped/embraced KS now :harp: :violin: :party: :wink:
Last edited by Beatworld on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ploki wrote:Interface on 10.10.1, Logic Pro X 10.1, retina macbook pro...

It's unbearably slow, the interface just lags beyond being useful :(

I'm not getting this with any other 2Caudio plugin.

This is known. Here are Denis's comments:
there is an issue with MBP with retina displays on some MBP models. It seems to affect 2013 models,
but not 2012's, also it does not affect iMac retina.

KS requires an intensive graphics output (due to picture display)
and we have found that on MBP with retina displays the OSX function to draw bitmaps is about 20 times slower compared
to non-retina display (so there is some problem in OSX's graphics system). we are currently exploring this and trying to find a solution.

so the current workaround is to connect an external monitor (or use window via bootcamp).

Banquet wrote:
Galbanum wrote: again one KS into one B2. (it can create heaven and hell... :wink: )
Awesome! Looking forward to the tutorial vids showing how you do it

Videos coming yes.

But in this case everything you needed to know was shown in the screen shot. It was literally ONE KS instance into one B2 instance. The KS instance used a factory preset. The B2 instance used a preset that is in the Creativity Expansion. :tu:

Here is another ambient example like this to help people relax tonight if the "wrong" team wins the superbowl... :D

https://soundcloud.com/2caudio/ks-ambie ... eekislands

Here is an 11+ minute long KS jam, playing my e-bowed Strat straight into Kaleidoscope changing things on the fly, some VVV and Übermod on Busses add reverb/delay. I also recorded the audio mix straight back into Logic for further sample editing, but this video is live with all the quirks, boring parts and overloads which happened. Maybe Andrew, you could ship a third arm with KS, so we can use it live more comfortably when we would actually need 2 hands to play an instrument :)
Quite interesting around 9+ minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_quj1P_4h8
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beatworld wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Took me months to learn/grasp/embrace KS,
Looks like you have learnt/grasped/embraced KS now :harp: :violin: :party:
Getting there :)

Ok I brought this the other day and love it but now I wish I brought the Architecture Volume 01 KS with it. Is there anyway to buy it separately at the special pricing?

You know using Kaleidoscope as a filter has got me wondering would it be possible in a future release to modulate the image's X / Y position/offset during playback?

I think Y axis offset modulation would be more useful since we already have X axis during playback.
Last edited by Phorous on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

tonkatodd wrote:Ok I brought this the other day and love it but now I wish I brought the Architecture Volume 01 KS with it. Is there anyway to buy it separately at the special pricing?
sure... send me an email

Voice303 wrote:You know using Kaleidoscope as a filter has got me wondering would it be possible in a future release to modulate the image's X / Y position during playback?

I think Y axis modulation would be more useful since we already have X axis during playback.
It is probably my number one feature desire. :D :tu:

Yes it will happen. I wanted it to be part of 1.0.0 but there was not quite time to do it.

You are absolutely correct. Smoothly modulating Y-offset would bring incredibly vast possibilities...

Galbanum wrote:
Voice303 wrote:You know using Kaleidoscope as a filter has got me wondering would it be possible in a future release to modulate the image's X / Y position during playback?

I think Y axis modulation would be more useful since we already have X axis during playback.
It is probably my number one feature desire. :D :tu:

Yes it will happen. I wanted it to be part of 1.0.0 but there was not quite time to do it.

You are absolutely correct. Smoothly modulating Y-offset would bring incredibly vast possibilities...
:love: :party: :tu: :clap:

I never in a million years thought I might be able to design filters with images alone. Of course there is much more than that possible but the thought alone is mind boggling.

Return to “Effects”