VST Vocoder that's easy/fast to setup, and sounds great (Suggestions) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Any suggestions for a great sounding VST VOCODER , that's easy/fast to setup, and must be 64-bit for PC .

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Xils new 5000 vocoder satisfies all of those requirements. No other one really comes to mind. I'm also a huge fan of Lector, but it doesn't sound as "analogue" as Xils. Can do a lot of crazy stuff though, like modulating band range.

Easy to set up will depend mainly on your DAW. My personal favorite is Native Instruments Razor, though it runs in the Realtor shell.

masterhiggins wrote:Xils new 5000 vocoder satisfies all of those requirements. No other one really comes to mind. I'm also a huge fan of Lector, but it doesn't sound as "analogue" as Xils. Can do a lot of crazy stuff though, like modulating band range.
I will check Xils 5000 vocoder.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Funny, but ... I forgot that my Yamaha Motif XF7 workstation has an onboard 10 band vocoder. with formant editing parameters.

So, I connected my good old Shure SM-57 dynamic mic to one of the Motif XF's analog inputs, and dialed in a vocoder preset, then tweaked it to taste. It sounds great, easy to setup, and lots of fun. I think I will skip VSTs for vocoding for now.

The Motif XF is a great synth workstation.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Return to “Instruments”