Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Teksonik wrote:
trimph1 wrote:I am talking about other sectors.

Remember? Restaurant? Call Centers? That type of thing?

Not everyone mind. But enough to make me go....ummmm. :?
Oh you said "here" as in KVR...............
trimph1 wrote: We've seen it here. Numerous times.
I meant up here. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Anyone know if Rene holds a patent or other rights to the .sfz format ? I know he made it open source but if Cakewalk somehow acquired the rights along with the rights to Z3TA+ and SZF+ then............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

trimph1 wrote:I meant up here. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:
No need to apologize, the confusion was mine........... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway I think we can all agree that the CA story has been a bit bizarre of late no matter what the eventual ending.....

I'll keep checking back since I want to see how this movie ends.....might not officially end for quite some time but it remains a curiosity none the less........ :)

Teksonik wrote:Anyone know if Rene holds a patent or other rights to the .sfz format ? I know he made it open source but if Cakewalk somehow acquired the rights along with the rights to Z3TA+ and SZF+ then............
I am not sure he still has patent over the .sfz format either.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Teksonik wrote:Anyway I think we can all agree that the CA story has been a bit bizarre of late no matter what the eventual ending.....

I'll keep checking back since I want to see how this movie ends.....might not officially end for quite some time but it remains a curiosity none the less........ :)
keep checking back also from day to day.

indeed still bizarre story ...

re Redmattica - Autosampler was released as part of the most recent update to apple's Mainstage.

240+ pages. amazing circles w/in circles being run here.

there was a thread on muffwiggler (now lost in the recent hacking/site outage) that said something about same privacy/copyright etc text word for word being used in domain registration details as a company purchased by apple a while back.

not that it means anything.

it's all moot...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5999188/t ... n_is_moot/

jlanthier wrote:
sjm wrote:What are you reading that the rest of us apparently can't see on the feed? All I see is a joke and the same suspects as at KVR saying it's Apple. No actual information apart from an 8-figure deal (with an unnamed entity). What are we missing?
Later on he also mentions Redmatica and ESX24.

....not exactly in a knee-slapper kind of way.

Although looking at it now it looks like his tweet that said something like "Think Redmatica" is now missing from the page. Deleted? Is there anybody else who remembers seeing that?? I remember it pretty clearly, but it really doesn't seem to be there anymore...
I never saw that part myself, which doesn't mean it wasn't there and then deleted at someone's behest.
jlanthier wrote: Anyway, the point is that something dramatic HAS happened. It's not paranoia. ...
I think they definitely got bought (IMO probably Apple seeing the silence and lack of NAMM announcements, but that's just me speculating). I thought you must have come across something more substantial than more internet rumours, seeing as what you wrote read as if the Apple takeover was gospel and official.

The rumour of a potentially deleted tweet should certainly add fuel to the conspiracy theories :D

I think we can see what sort of position the Camelistas have secured at Cupertino:
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

I hope it is everyone else than apple. I was waiting for alchemy 2 because i realy liked the intuitive Kore controll and expected bether sound quality. I have a lot of expansions and I am now very upset. When Apple does the takeover I can't use a version 2 on my pc, because I'll NEVER buy a mac.

No, it's here:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Randall/statu ... 0161539072
Chris Randall ‏@Chris_Randall · Jan 11
People I trust implicitly have told me that Camel was purchased by you-know-who, and will be rolled in to That Which Shall Not Be Named.
disconnector ‏@disconnctr · Jan 11
@Chris_Randall "Gibson" and "obsolescence"
Chris Randall ‏@Chris_Randall · 6:04 PM - 11 Jan 2015
@disconnctr Nope. Think "Redmatica."

sacer wrote:I hope it is everyone else than apple. I was waiting for alchemy 2 because i realy liked the intuitive Kore controll and expected bether sound quality. I have a lot of expansions and I am now very upset. When Apple does the takeover I can't use a version 2 on my pc, because I'll NEVER buy a mac.
I doubt you have to worry about Alchemy 2 on either platform.

No..we have to worry about exsApplemy 24.

Going to be delicious, just ask Snow White how tasty that first bite was.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

wasi wrote:No, it's here:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Randall/statu ... 0161539072
Chris Randall ‏@Chris_Randall · Jan 11
People I trust implicitly have told me that Camel was purchased by you-know-who, and will be rolled in to That Which Shall Not Be Named.
disconnector ‏@disconnctr · Jan 11
@Chris_Randall "Gibson" and "obsolescence"
Chris Randall ‏@Chris_Randall · 6:04 PM - 11 Jan 2015
@disconnctr Nope. Think "Redmatica."
Thanks! Thought I was losing it there for a minute... :ud:

sjm wrote:I thought you must have come across something more substantial than more internet rumours, seeing as what you wrote read as if the Apple takeover was gospel and official.

No no, sorry for the confusion! I was just a little annoyed that a few people were talking as if thinking that Apple probably bought out CA was a sign of paranoid dementia. Given all the evidence so far, it's not unreasonable to think that's probably what happened. Although *still* no one around here seems to really know. (or be willing/able to say it if they do!).

Return to “Instruments”