Waldorf Music at NAMM 2015: Nave for PC/Mac, Waldorf Edition 2, Attack for iOS, nw1 Eurorack module

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:Nope. Once it's on the USB eLicenser, you can't drop it back into the software licenser.
Yes you can. You can transfer between soft eLicenser and USB eLicenser. I did that already. The eLicenser control application shows both and it's just a matter of drag and drop from one to the other.
Weird, it clearly says it's not possible here: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/de/support ... -elicenser Well, if you say it does, i won't argue with you... i just repeaeted what i got from their eLicenser FAQ.

eLicenser is somewhat better than iLok. It's not as intrusive and there are lot less problems with it. But it certainly is not without fault. It does cause downtime when something is going on with Steinbergs servers. And I have encountered problems with installing a demo plugin putting every other plugin into demo mode. Once it happened in such a time and caused such a grief that I tend to avoid plugins using it unless there's a know way to get around it in case something goes wrong. Also if you are using it without dongle then it's relatively easy to delete your licenses. Though to give Waldorf credit, if you have proof of purchase then they will quickly issue you a new license if needed.

That said, I'm definitely going to pass Nave. I just have too much stuff already to bother with products that use it. And frankly, in my work dealing with problems caused by restrictive DRM is rapidly becoming a full time job and I'm sick and tired of it. So I recommend everyone to avoid such CP, even if used by nice company like Waldorf.
No signature here!

chk071 wrote:
fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:Nope. Once it's on the USB eLicenser, you can't drop it back into the software licenser.
Yes you can. You can transfer between soft eLicenser and USB eLicenser. I did that already. The eLicenser control application shows both and it's just a matter of drag and drop from one to the other.
Weird, it clearly says it's not possible here: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/de/support ... -elicenser Well, if you say it does, i won't argue with you... i just repeaeted what i got from their eLicenser FAQ.
Why don't you try for yourself? :wink:

I just did it again, just in case I missed something (and in Windows XP). It couldn't be more transparent than this - just drag and drop, click, and that's it.
Fernando (FMR)

Nice stuff and good to know. :)

Good to know you can in fact, wasting a port for a dongle is so annoying.
dedication to flying

Wondering what the next step will be. Nave as hardware synth :wink: :?:
Still hope for PPG Wave for iOS (can't imagine they don't have anything new @ Musikmesse). :pray:

Albert.VST wrote:Wondering what the next step will be. Nave as hardware synth :wink: :?:
Actually the nw1 Eurorack module seems to be inspired by the Nave wavetable oscillator and shares a few similar features. AFAIK (as mentioned in one of the coresponding videos) the wavetables of the Nave iOS and plugin versions will be compatible with the nw1 module and could be loaded using the nw1 software editor.
That software editor also seems to include a text to speech feature like Nave taht could create a new speech wavetable from text.

I do not own an Eurorack myself but looking forward to test the nw1 module at the Musikmesse 2015.

I am sure there will be another polyphonic (nw1 is monophonic) hardware wavetable synth in the future but not sure how far it will be based on Nave.

New software products (besides those mentioned here) are planned too for the future but no official details yet.

Currently besides Betatests for Nave and Waldorf Edition 2 Waodrf is also working on necessra yfixes for the old plugins which includes fixing new problems introducedt with the latest OSX 10.10.2 (Yosemite) update (there was already a fix for the first version of OSX Yosemite).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Does V2 of Attack has better presetmannagement and morew kits ?
Does V2 of PPG have USEFULL preset names at all ?

rasmusklump wrote:Does V2 of Attack has better presetmannagement and morew kits ?
God, let's hope so.

fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Why don't you try for yourself? :wink:

I just did it again, just in case I missed something (and in Windows XP). It couldn't be more transparent than this - just drag and drop, click, and that's it.
It's not true that you can transfer back from USB to soft in every case. It depends what soft you use. Strangly enough some allow it while other not. Take for example Arturia where you can transfer this way with AnalogFactory or MiniMoog but not with Jupiter or Prophet (afaik the reason is they are native hard-dongled licenses). Because of that the best advice is really to try it out by yourself.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Does anyone know if the new version of Waldorf Edition will allow for the plugins to be installed separately. I am only interested in Attack, not PPG and D-Pole.

Yes.

edited, as statement was wrong (see next page).
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hmmm.. this made me wonder. I just went back and reinstalled my own copy of Waldorf Edition and it appears you can select manually what you want to install under 'customize'

So I went ahead and installed Attack only. Had not noticed that before... :dog:

edited, as statement was wrong.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”