Ubermod tutorial (video)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good tutorial. Thanks.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I'll echo the positive feedback. Excellent tutorial. You explained some things about übermod I had been wondering about. Thank you!
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Great video, awesome hypnotoad emulation and thanks for the hint with the über mod blog posts!

Thanks everyone. Definitely feel encouraged to do more videos.

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Thanks for the video, great tutorial... Ive been on the fence about getting übermod , and I think this might push me over it.

WOW. This is an INCREDIBLE demo video. Thanks, Aiynzahev!!!

It is interesting when you bring up R2 to show how the tap shape/spread works in ÜberMod. At some point in the future, I should figure out how to get this sort of graphic display working. It really does make things easier to understand.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:WOW. This is an INCREDIBLE demo video. Thanks, Aiynzahev!!!

It is interesting when you bring up R2 to show how the tap shape/spread works in ÜberMod. At some point in the future, I should figure out how to get this sort of graphic display working. It really does make things easier to understand.

Sean Costello
Actually I was thinking the same thing. I thought you could add an optional new section beneath the current UI that would give a display similar to what is shown in R2. We could see all the taps and how they are spread out.

In addition, if they could be animated in real time, that would be a huge help. So for example if I was applying modulation to an 8tap, I could see the lines move around in real time. I could see what randomization is doing too. Perhaps there would be a simple division scale showing me where on the grid my taps are going to go. I think many of us would be greatly helped by a display and no other delay has anything like that AFAIK.

One more thing, could you comment on shuffle? I've always found delays hard to use when the original signal has a swing amount. It's my understanding that in order to get a delay to match a swing it needs to have a swing control itself. Which simply offsets every other division. I believe.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
valhallasound wrote:WOW. This is an INCREDIBLE demo video. Thanks, Aiynzahev!!!

Sean Costello
Actually I was thinking the same thing. I thought you could add an optional new section beneath the current UI that would give a display similar to what is shown in R2. We could see all the taps and how they are spread out.

In addition, if they could be animated in real time, that would be a huge help. So for example if I was applying modulation to an 8tap, I could see the lines move around in real time. I could see what randomization is doing too. Perhaps there would be a simple division scale showing me where on the grid my taps are going to go. I think many of us would be greatly helped by a display and no other delay has anything like that AFAIK.

One more thing, could you comment on shuffle? I've always found delays hard to use when the original signal has a swing amount. It's my understanding that in order to get a delay to match a swing it needs to have a swing control itself. Which simply offsets every other division. I believe.
Yeah, visual representation would be great, it would make the plug in even more "self documented".
dedication to flying

oh and you know what else I'd love to have is an LFO in the drive section, so we can have steady movement between self oscillating and tame. Let the feedback growl for a few seconds then back off. Just because I'm lazy and would rather do that than automate it. Plus automation can get messy.
Aiynzahev-sounds

enjoyed this tutorial! well done.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”