experiences with selling NI/Heavyocity products?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i wanna get the ultimate upgrade from komplete 10 maybe and i got those single products purchased which would be included in Komplete 10 Ultimate and to have them twice would be nonsense (and i think it'S legal to sell them before? cause it's single products):

Evolve
Evolve Mutations 1 & 2
Monark
Damage
Supercharger GT
Driver
Balinese Gamelan
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes, you can sell NI products. You can either ask NI to release licences from your account before selling (ideal if you retain the installers for the new owner), or request a licence transfer from one NI account to another after selling ....once complete the account holder can access installers.

*edit
NI don't charge transfer fees, but it can take a few days for support to action requests.
Last edited by db3 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks a lot mate, ok great i will check about license fees. then i can sell those above mentioned products and can save a bit bucks for the Ultimate edition.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I've sold a few things. I don't ask for the removal of my serial number until I have the money. They've always got back to me quick, but I haven't done during NAMM or something. Then the new owner activates with the serial number.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't forget you have to supply the downloader/installer. The new owner will have to go through installation before being able to activate the product. I just did this with Damage and a couple others.

PS: I might be interested in Evolve :P
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

thanks a lot! so when i get komplete 10 ultimate and i load old projects (where i used the single products) with evolve, damage etc. they should load fine i guess?

Caine123 wrote:thanks a lot! so when i get komplete 10 ultimate and i load old projects (where i used the single products) with evolve, damage etc. they should load fine i guess?
yeah, Kontakt won't notice as long as you install all the content to the same location, or be very selective when you install and then load the libraries one at a time in Kontakt.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

It depends on the product and whether it's still in their current line-up, but generally, they will send a link to the new owner with the downloader/installer. So far the only ones I've had to supply was the Xmas gift for a couple of never registered licenses. I've also found that de-registering them before you sell them seems to confuse support when you do sell and request transfer. So if I have to do it again, I'll do it as jancivil suggests since it seems to be a smoother and quicker process.

last things I sold, Kore Soundpacks, I didn't supply the installers to.
I would be prepared to provide them, Heavyocity particularly, third party developer. I think rule of thumb, if the installer download does not appear in your list of registered serial numbers you better have the installer ready but I would anyway.
NI says, somewhere officially, that Kore Soundpacks are not for resale but all three went through.

I have Evolve for sale right now if you are interested....

SJ_Digriz wrote:Don't forget you have to supply the downloader/installer. The new owner will have to go through installation before being able to activate the product. I just did this with Damage and a couple others.

PS: I might be interested in Evolve :P

Download and save the installers for both Mac and Windows while you still have the serial #s attached to your account.

I have read these comments out of interest in this topic and it seems everything suggested here is illegal. You CANT sell heavyocity products, it clearly states that in their policy, only once license per customer. Unless they changed it in 2 years.
Can someone clarity?

https://www.heavyocity.com/support/license-agreement/

Section 3. General Software

"You are not permitted to sell, sublicense, share, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software to any third party"
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote:https://www.heavyocity.com/support/license-agreement/

Section 3. General Software

"You are not permitted to sell, sublicense, share, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software to any third party"
So how did these people above sell their licenses if you're not permitted?

You can sell the Heavyocity products which are sold by NI.... (With the combined NI/Heavyocity branding).

Return to “Instruments”