Sundog Scale Studio 1.3.0 out now: Standalone MIDI tool for chord progressions and melodies

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Hi Alex,

thanks for your suggestions :)!

I wrote them down on my list and will see what I can do ;). I hope that I can implement the "song sections" concept in the near future. This is very important to me as well (but unfortunately also a big rewrite of the current code).
And I also have some plans for an advanced sequencer... some of your suggestions might come in handy there :).

Have a great day! :phones:

Greetings,
Hauke
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

:hyper: :tu:

I found out about this gem on the Maschine forum, was quite impressed with the video so I downloaded the demo. Playing with it for about 5 minutes was enough to make me buy it :D

I have 2 questions though:
  • Sundog seems to send program changes, which are useful for General Midi but not for most VST synths. Is there a way to disable these program changes?
  • Is it possible to set note length (i.e. gate time) in the sequencer/arpeggiator?
Maybe I looked over these things in the manual because I was having too much fun with Sundog :D

Hi Reefius,

thanks for your purchase :)!

Point 1: Maybe I should include an option to disable program changes in a future version. But there is also another solution: Simply set all your instruments to 0 inside Sundog (there is also a shortcut for that in the Edit menu). I always do that right in the beginning so that the VST never receives a different program change. This way it always worked for me and the VSTs stayed on the patch I chose inside the DAW.

Point 2: You can edit the note length in the sequencer by setting a step to the stop symbol "#". Just click on a step for a few times: It will either show you a number, a "#", or a "-". The "-" means that nothing will happen on this step. The "#" will stop the playing note. And a number will trigger note playback. Please also take a look at the manual, it's explained there as well :)

Greetings,
Hauke
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

I would really love to see a VST version of Sundog, especially for the jamming function ;)

Sundog v1.5.0 is out! Here's the changelog:
  • Scale Finder: Click on "Tools -> Scale Finder" to find fitting scales for your melody. Simply enter the notes you already know and let Sundog search through over 300 included scales. Common Major and Minor scales are highlighted for quick access.
  • Swing: Add some groove to your songs.
  • Open recent songs.

Reefius: Thanks a lot for posting :)! I just opened a new thread for the 1.5.0 release as well. I had a bunch of stuff to do today, so I am a little bit late on the forum :harp:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”