Hornet MultiComp discussion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although being a FabFilter Pro-C owner this little gem is really nice. I wonder why there is no separate thread for this. I really like it: very nice sound, great GUI, best copy protection (none) and very affordable. Saverio did a real good job (again) on this one. Only thing I'm missing is a wet/dry knob for easier parallel compression (yeah I watched the video). FET, VCA and OPTO - what else do we want in a low priced plugin that even sounds good? At a sale price this is a nobrainer to me. I'm couching. :party:

Your opinions?

Thank you for your appreciation I'm glad you like it.

Regarding the dry/wet knob I'll add it in a new release, Multicomp and ChannelStrip MKII are the oldest of my plugins and need and update, expect something in the next months!

Saverio
hornetplugins.com

Cool little thing, love the OPTO model.

Preview, next version :D :
Last edited by RexXx on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

I LOVE the multicomp, it's my goto for 1176 and Opto sounds. I used to use the VCA on my DrumBuss a lot, and it KILLS there, adds some nice snap to the sounds, but have recently been using SuperChargerGT for drums, and VCA has not gotten a lot of use. I prefer soft-knee designs, but I did pull it out for my last mix, cause I've been wanting to use it more.

But I love how he compared his FET to the SoftTube version right on his own website. That takes some BALLS. Scratch that, it would take balls if it didnt compare... but it DOES.

That's what get's me about the MultiComp, it sounds identical to probably THE most talked about and praised FET emulation, at a fraction of the cost, a fraction of the CPU usage, and no one barely knows about it.

It's OK, It can be my secret weapon ;)

Return to “Effects”