Guitars that fits into EDM (hardstyle house etc)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I hear alot of different guitars that kind of melts in good in tracks such as this one:

https://soundcloud.com/r3hab/r3hab-nerv ... ricz-remix

How do I achieve the same sound? what vst do I use and do they use any guitar amps or something? I have guitar rig 5 from NI and Ample Sound AGT and AGG.

Although I find it hard to achieve a similar sound.

Any tips?

Very thankful for answers.

Thanks.
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

anyone?
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

It doesn't much resemble the clean strat or tele type original riff/lick after the treatment of modulated delay, Some compression to enhance the percussive attack (so not too quick on the attack but a fast release) then a really simple Fender or whatever clean amp with a dash of reverb. The little sections are just really small sections but the modulated delay treatment gives it the impression of being something more.

Not dissimilar to the 'funky' clean part of this track (The intro riff up until it stays clean)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETuffJ8PbDk

Hope that helps and I could be wrong as this isn't a genre/style I'm familiar with at all

Dean :)

As in you'd just take a half a bar and then conform it to your projects tempo whichever way you choose to do it and then add the delay treatments. Basically having the guitar double the time of the track. To program it use a start or tele into a clean fender (or whatever you like) and add a bit of reverb to taste and the compression mentioned so as to enhance the percussive element

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:It doesn't much resemble the clean strat or tele type original riff/lick after the treatment of modulated delay, Some compression to enhance the percussive attack (so not too quick on the attack but a fast release) then a really simple Fender or whatever clean amp with a dash of reverb. The little sections are just really small sections but the modulated delay treatment gives it the impression of being something more.

Not dissimilar to the 'funky' clean part of this track (The intro riff up until it stays clean)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETuffJ8PbDk

Hope that helps and I could be wrong as this isn't a genre/style I'm familiar with at all

Dean :)

As in you'd just take a half a bar and then conform it to your projects tempo whichever way you choose to do it and then add the delay treatments. Basically having the guitar double the time of the track. To program it use a start or tele into a clean fender (or whatever you like) and add a bit of reverb to taste and the compression mentioned so as to enhance the percussive element
I dont think I quite understand, do you mean they sample a real guitar riff? I think its a VST though..

Sorry for the late Reply jontah, I was just using that as an example of a funky type guitar part which is easily audible before there is anything else on top of it, I didn't mean that sampling is the best way to accomplish what you are after but thought it would give you an idea of the sort of thing you could program the electric guitar VSTi of your choice to play and then add further processing like in the example track you posted,

Here are a few really simple pointers also of absolute basic funk 101 guitar which you could use for easy ideas to program in a MIDI rhythm part; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvm0CkWgYUM

There are plenty of others if you search the 'tube for 'simple clean funk guitar licks'

Hope that helps and clears up what I am trying to say to say

All the best :)

Dean

Edit: So yeah what I mean't to say was it ought to be totally do-able via AGG and Guitar Rig 5, Once you've programmed in a funk lick you like played back through AGG and dialled in a clean sound to taste, You might find it easier to bounce the result down to a one or two bar loop and then add a modulated delay to the loop you've bounced (again Guitar Rig 5 has plenty of scope to deliver). Also perhaps do a few variations on the same basic funky lick and render to use as alternative loops. Have a try without bouncing your programmed lick's in to loops if that works/suits you better...Just play around and I'm pretty certain you'll find something which sticks/works well. I can't really offer any more than that to get you going. Does AGG have some pre-programmed MIDI that comes with it? If so that could be a good place to start. Off the top of my head the Rob Papen RG Muted which comes with Computer Music magazine would do a good job too if you have a copy of Computer Music mag, I can't be sure but you might be able to feed the MIDI out from RG Muted to play AGG which again is another option you might want to try

Return to “Sound Design”