Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Btw, I don't want to sound greedy or anything or the sort, but is that "sorted & verified" preset list ready, or still a work in proggress? Who was working on it?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

BlackWinny was working on that.

Ah ;) Tnx ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Chris-S wrote:I don't find it difficult to understand. You only need to understand few things:

- It's a more additive approach - No filters!
- Carriers give you the volume, modulators give you the timbre.
- Number of harmonics is determinded by the modulator's level.
- Ratio of 1:1 give you saw-like waves (all harmonics), ratio 1:2 is square-like waves (even harmonics)
- fractional(irrational) ratios (1:3.1415) give you inharmonic sounds.
- Very high modulator levels give you noise.
I think you mean odd.

toothnclaw wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:so even if you switch patch, the switch will stay on once you switch it off.
I don't understand this, sorry.
huh... right. sorry about that. I should not do any multitasking while I'm on KVR.

>>> so even if you switch patch, the switch will stay on until you switch it off.

when I come to think about it, I should put the mono switch off each time the user switches preset...

asb2m10, are you doing some sort of secret programming? The github doesn't show any commits other than v0.7. Maybe you moved to some other repository or maybe you just aren't interested in it anymore until you have it a bit more stable. If you mentioned your intent before, I apologise. Bit of a moot question, really, because I typically don't build source myself unless no builds are readily available.

Ralnir wrote:asb2m10, are you doing some sort of secret programming? The github doesn't show any commits other than v0.7. Maybe you moved to some other repository or maybe you just aren't interested in it anymore until you have it a bit more stable. If you mentioned your intent before, I apologise. Bit of a moot question, really, because I typically don't build source myself unless no builds are readily available.
:) Since I know that Linux users uses github to build packages (.deb for great audio distributions), the development is done in a different branch (work80 in this case). This is not to mix the "production" stuff with the "broken/development" stuff.

I don't commit that often; and this is not to spam the 16 dexed github watchers...

Once it is an official version on KVR; it merge back into the "master" branch.

One of my favourites. Still impressed.
Riptide x Sons of Liberty

asb2m10 wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:so even if you switch patch, the switch will stay on once you switch it off.
I don't understand this, sorry.
huh... right. sorry about that. I should not do any multitasking while I'm on KVR.

>>> so even if you switch patch, the switch will stay on until you switch it off.

when I come to think about it, I should put the mono switch off each time the user switches preset...
:lol:

Just provide it as an option on the back panel would be best, I think. Options are a great thing to have, I think. Customizability.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Chris-S wrote:- Ratio of 1:1 give you saw-like waves (all harmonics), ratio 1:2 is square-like waves (even harmonics)
I think you mean odd.
Yes, thanks for correcting.

idfpower wrote:Ah ;) Tnx ;)
Yes, I work on it.
:D
I must do with my narcolepsy, so of course it is sometimes a bit longer than I would like, but it progresses very well. More than 275000 to sort to keep the really best and useful and without any duplicate... it's quite long to do.
:pray:

But I'm now at about 75% of the total. And I have recently even found yet new sysex files that I didn't know (just a dozen but very nice), and of course they will be included too with all the others.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

^

A Legend.

Thank you again! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Much, much appreciated Black Winny! Looking forward to that final collection.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Thanks a lot BlackWinny :tu:
Looking forward that me too with the next Dexed 0.8.0 release bugfixed.
This is a totally awesome and huge project.
A ton of zillions of gratitude to the dev and the gui maker as well.
Greetings
:)

I can help out porting to 64bit on apple development tools, if it is using vstgui and vstsdk 2.4 + symbiosis wrapper. Please pm if you have questions. Would love to see this plug in in 64 bit.

Return to “Instruments”