IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Congrats Bombadil :tu:

I know you've had your share of fun getting there!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I had Total Workstation XL or whatever it was and kinda feel SS was my favorite of the bunch. Sold that while I could still get $0.10 for it, but ended up grabbing SS2 by itself for like $20 when it was on fire sale. :shrug:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I got SS2 during one of IKs sales and i like it lot. Some stuff takes some tweaking to get it to where i like it. Pianos sound real good but i find them not really playable.

For any sound the fx and how you mix them is more important then judging the "raw" sound by itself and this goes especially for synth sounds. Thats what i've learned after all the years.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Sampletron is really cool also.
I Love IK Multimedia :love:

valerian_777 wrote:For any sound the fx and how you mix them is more important then judging the "raw" sound by itself and this goes especially for synth sounds. Thats what i've learned after all the years.
And in the case of SampleTank 3 you do have some additional flexibility with filters and such in the Edit environment (plus the T-RackS and AmpliTube based effects) that should offer some more shaping ability if one needs to manipulate the synth patches.

chili beans wrote:Sampletron is really cool also.
I Love IK Multimedia :love:
Thank you. SampleTron seems to be a hit among our users for sure. I've seen some prog artists triggering SampleTron sounds with the original iRig KEYS in studio, rehearsal, and live.

Sweet, ive been telling my wife about how much i want to get irig keys,especially since it comes with sampletank 3 se. Maybe for christmas?..... (hint hint hint) :love: :phones:

before i smack down the green for this, how many teragigs of samples does it come with?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sampletank 3 se is like 6gb, and the full sampletank 3 is around 33gb

chili beans wrote:Sampletank 3 se is like 6gb, and the full sampletank 3 is around 33gb
ty, chili beans. this information helps me to calculate the dollar per teragigabits ratio
of the sample content. which is extremly important in my purchase decisions! :hug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:ty, chili beans. this information helps me to calculate the dollar per teragigabits ratio of the sample content. which is extremly important in my purchase decisions! :hug:
Amen to that :wink:

BMoore wrote: ...And a couple of examples of "screwing customers":
Before ST3 is released, they tell their customers there will be absolutely no way, in fact, it's not possible to make something to load the legacy libraries. You have to buy the full ST3. And everyone does, well almost everyone.
What happened? They "listened to their customers" 2 months after ST3 was released, and magically made the impossible happen.
I was 'screwed' into having to buy the full version, in order to get use of my Miroslav and other 32 bit IKM libs. I was unhappy about it, moaned and groaned and then received the full version. It was ~ $100 - and was a very pleasant surprise. There are enough new features and capabilities and usable patches -- that I would recommend it, even to those who can get the use of their old libs free.. The stand-alone is a good quick keys on demand, and the AU was a good addition to my library of sounds. Yes - there is a ton of stinkers and duplicates.. but there are also plenty of usable sounds. Anyone who is still wasting energy complaining, and posting negativity on the thread - should consider moving on. I know you feel jacked around... but life's too short to go on (and on, and on) about stuff that doesn't matter so much.

/opinion off

Well said, jdoo :tu:

jdoo wrote: Anyone who is still wasting energy complaining, and posting negativity on the thread - should consider moving on. I know you feel jacked around... but life's too short to go on (and on, and on) about stuff that doesn't matter so much. /opinion off
There's a bit o'irony in that!
One I get caught in myself from time to time (including this one).
Victims, voyeurs, and commentators. :hihi:
I remind myself to just 'scan' this thread for news of a product version update with appropriate 'fixes' that may yield a working program for me.
Version 3.0.3 still crashes on the loading of an instrument.

Return to “Instruments”