Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

fmr wrote:
Tronam wrote:
KarmaShaman wrote:
Tronam wrote: Here are Softube prices:
I fail to see the relevance to your post. After a quick video review of the vintage set, it seems these products are incomparable to (what appears to be) the very basic models supplied with R8.
The point is, all Softube products are expensive. Even their simple, one knob saturation plugin is $30.
OneKnob saturation is/was offered in Sonar for free since X1 expanded.
Comes with Studio One as well.

Those guitar amps you posted Tronam are incredibly overpriced.

Tronam wrote:
Mr. Fister wrote:Again....I ask...

Do you work for Propellerhead? I can't figure out your angle. I don't get the hint you make a lot of music so you don't have a career based reason to fight so hard for Propellerhead, so I just can't figure out your angle on why you persist to blindly follow them so much.
My angle? :hihi: I think perhaps some better questions would be, why are you on KvR, why are all 40 of your posts here in Reason threads, and why do almost all of them come across as bitter grievance venting? Talk about an agenda. I thought you "moved on" from Reason and were never going back. Apparently not. Instead it seems more like a dysfunctional codependent relationship you just can't quit.

I'd rather spend my time in audio forums talking about the music programs and instruments I enjoy using, not the ones I despise.
I never once said I was moving on from Reason. I'm on KVR because I actually have a rather extreme amount of experience with DAWs and audio production.

That's why.

I'm bitter because I've used Reason since ReBirth and I've watched it become what it is today and I'm not thrilled with the company. At all.

KarmaShaman wrote:The amp RE's are Propellerhead products. Take a moment to look at the store. They are not listed under Softube products, they do not exist in the Softube catalogue outside of Reason, and they only exist as a stock device in one DAW.

So really, it's a $69 naming right.

'Badge Engineering' as it used to be referred to in the old days in electronics circles.
They are Softube REs. You won't find the name "Propellerhead" anywhere on the front or back plate of either amp. Someone chimed in about it in the forums. The reason why they're listed like they are has something to do with making it easier to automate assigning "free" licenses to R8 users in their system.

Mr. Fister wrote:I'm on KVR because I actually have a rather extreme amount of experience with DAWs and audio production.

That's why.

I'm bitter because I've used Reason since ReBirth and I've watched it become what it is today and I'm not thrilled with the company. At all.
It might be time to consider moving on from Propellerland then, because the direction they're headed is the direction they're going and it will only lead to more bitterness. Someone of your extreme experience must see that by now.

KarmaShaman wrote:
bharris22 wrote: The Kuassa REs, like the Kuassa VSTs, are excellent. I might consider buying the Softube Amp if it were closer in price to the Kuassa REs. Otherwise, no compelling reason to do so.
Are you speaking from experience with other VST brands ? I have the Kuassa RE and while it's a damn sight better than the Line6, I have no other frame of reference (apart from real amps - of which I feel neither sim can compete with).
Yes, I am. I have almost all (if not all) guitar VSTs available - Kuassa, Vandal, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Revalver, Overloud, Scuffham.

Tronam wrote:

Do you work for Propellerhead? I can't figure out your angle. I don't get the hint you make a lot of music so you don't have a career based reason to fight so hard for Propellerhead, so I just can't figure out your angle on why you persist to blindly follow them so much.
My angle? :hihi: I think perhaps some better questions would be, why are you on KvR, why are all 40 of your posts here in Reason threads, and why do almost all of them come across as bitter grievance venting? Talk about an agenda. I thought you "moved on" from Reason and were never going back. Apparently not. Instead it seems more like a dysfunctional codependent relationship you just can't quit.

I'd rather spend my time in audio forums talking about the music programs and instruments I enjoy using, not the ones I despise.
Tronam,

His angle is that Mr. Fister is actually Anthony (RasCricket). He was banned from the Propellerhead forums and has been pretty upset ever since. :)

@Anthony: dub sends his love!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
Tronam wrote:

Tronam,

His angle is that Mr. Fister is actually Anthony (RasCricket). He was banned from the Propellerhead forums and has been pretty upset ever since. :)

@Anthony: dub sends his love!
Hehe
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... p?t=204769
KFish needs to answer a simple question. What is an outdated sound?

just curious???

what is the purpose of posting this?

over at PUF if you are not part of the "COLLECTIVE" you are frowned upon...

right? maybe?

D'oh! :D

Anyway, this thread has hit +18,000 views and over 35 pages with a lot of mixed feelings. Some might be interested to know that apparently Reason 8 upgrades are selling faster than Reason 7 did:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... ostcount=8

If you can't read it, basically Propellerhead are stating as such:
we have access to information that you don't have. While some posters here have proclaimed that "this is the end of Propellerhead" (like someone always says), we can look at the sales data: Reason 8 upgrades are selling faster than Reason 7 upgrades. Something to consider...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

the Reason 6 to Reason 7 was not so hot either... but Reason 6 to Reason 8 is a pretty good deal... maybe that is the answer for the stats!!!

right? maybe?

neverenoughfunk wrote:the Reason 6 to Reason 7 was not so hot either... but Reason 6 to Reason 8 is a pretty good deal... maybe that is the answer for the stats!!!

right? maybe?
Always a possibility, though I disagree about 6 to 7 not being hot. The changes were immense and totally worth it, IMHO (well, at least for those who tend to work ITB mostly in Reason).

EnochLight wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:the Reason 6 to Reason 7 was not so hot either... but Reason 6 to Reason 8 is a pretty good deal... maybe that is the answer for the stats!!!

right? maybe?
Always a possibility, though I disagree about 6 to 7 not being hot. The changes were immense and totally worth it, IMHO (well, at least for those who tend to work ITB mostly in Reason).
but you were one of the ones that thought the Balance was hot...

remember?

therefore... i agree to disagree!!!

neverenoughfunk wrote:but you were one of the ones that thought the Balance was hot...

remember?
And that has what to do with the value between versions 6-7? :lol: Balance is hot - one of the best 2-channel audio interfaces I've ever owned. Too bad it was cancelled. :hihi:

EnochLight wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:but you were one of the ones that thought the Balance was hot...

remember?
And that has what to do with the value between versions 6-7? :lol: Balance is hot - one of the best 2-channel audio interfaces I've ever owned. Too bad it was cancelled. :hihi:
you opinion(s)... simple as that... you thought/think Balance is "HOT"... not even Props feel the same way... i.e. it has been "CANCELLED"...

question... if the Balance is/was hot why cancel it... why no MKII version? i.e. version 2... this is if 1 + 1 = 2 and not from the "Reason Collective's" point of view...

again... we are back to personal preference(s)... not everyone preference is the same... :tu:

neverenoughfunk wrote:you opinion(s)... simple as that... you thought/think Balance is "HOT"... not even Props feel the same way... i.e. it has been "CANCELLED"...

question... if the Balance is/was hot why cancel it... why no MKII version? i.e. version 2... this is if 1 + 1 = 2 and not from the "Reason Collective's" point of view...

again... we are back to personal preference(s)... not everyone preference is the same... :tu:
Alas, your opinion is no more important than mine. Attempting to invalidate it is pretty weak, actually. Nonetheless, I never said Balance would never be cancelled; I only said I liked the interface. Frankly, they could "cancel" Reason and it wouldn't change my opinion of it.

Anywho, back op topic...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”