One-Synth-Challenge #67: Digits by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

key88 wrote:OSC gang, not looking for any sympathy or anything, but I'm sorry I haven't been very active in posting lately. I've been recuperating from various treatments for cancer (surgery,chemo,radiation ), I am out of treatment now, but suffer from various side effects still. chemo brain, which is a slowing down of my cognitive abilities, not as fast as my old New York self. Also neuropathy (numbness and tingling ) in hands and feet, which make computer work interesting. I am far from terminal and my prognosis is pretty good. Next month it will make it a year since I was diagnosed.

Glad to be here and back! Good luck all on the contest!

Maybe this explains my strange compositions or perhaps it is that I'm just old!

:harp:
Welcome back ;)

45 minutes - 1 hourish left. PM me if any problems come up :clap: Nice work everyone.

Welcome back Key88! :hug:

Here's my tune. It's an updated file from the one posted last night. (I could sure use another few days for fixing stuff)

DAW: Reaper
59 Digits
TDR Feedback Comp II
ReaComp
MCompressor
Rough Rider
dLm Sixty Five a
Limiter 6
LoudMax
ReaQ - Engineers Filter - BC Triple EQ 4
ADT
Twin Delay - ReaDelay
Freeverb 3 - Abstract Chamber
Multiplier
MAutoPan - mda Round Pan
GMono Bass
JS Midi Arp

https://soundcloud.com/nedk-1/nedk-unde ... ctronalism

Whoops, forgot to share with the group. Hope that's not a problem. Fixed now.

Hey, author of Digits here! These entries *rock*. I'm listening to them now. And I'm super flattered to have my synth get picked for this synth challenge :hyper:
OPL2 is forever

Hey, LouisG, excellent synth!! Can we expect updates for it? Would really love a mono legato glide on this beauty!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

LouisG wrote:Hey, author of Digits here! These entries *rock*. I'm listening to them now. And I'm super flattered to have my synth get picked for this synth challenge :hyper:
It's actually a pretty cool synth; I didn't expect to like it at first. I would certainly have a few suggestions for changes; nonetheless, some pretty good sounds out of the thing. Thanks for making it. :)

mysticvibes wrote:Hey, LouisG, excellent synth!! Can we expect updates for it? Would really love a mono legato glide on this beauty!!
Thanks! I actually have a Digits 1.4 source base I've written that includes different glide+mono modes, optional real filters (with drive), 3 LFOs, and a bunch of other major new features. But, I haven't found the energy to code up the GUI for it! Maybe I'll start working on it again soon and get it out by the end of the year. Or, I could always release a GUI-less alpha if anyone wants to play with sliders :)
z.prime wrote: It's actually a pretty cool synth; I didn't expect to like it at first. I would certainly have a few suggestions for changes; nonetheless, some pretty good sounds out of the thing. Thanks for making it. :)
I'd be interested in the suggestions!
OPL2 is forever

Thanks! I actually have a Digits 1.4 source base I've written that includes different glide+mono modes, optional real filters (with drive), 3 LFOs, and a bunch of other major new features. But, I haven't found the energy to code up the GUI for it! Maybe I'll start working on it again soon and get it out by the end of the year. Or, I could always release a GUI-less alpha if anyone wants to play with sliders :)
That sounds great :D The filters and drive would have been the next things I would have requested. Of course I'm totally fine the the gui less alpha version if you are kind enough to upload it and share. All the best :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

LouisG wrote:I actually have a Digits 1.4 source base I've written that includes different glide+mono modes, optional real filters (with drive), 3 LFOs, and a bunch of other major new features. But, I haven't found the energy to code up the GUI for it! ... I'd be interested in the suggestions!
Maybe you could get some help with a GUI if you were interested - a few people here are good with graphics & programming, just not necessarily audio stuff.

Here are the big things I'd like to see:
* knobs with up/down control vs rotary
* consistent sound generation (e.g. the thing a lot of people complained about trying to get percussion... like a free running oscillator or something) - maybe have an option to leave whatever it is free running
* mono/glide (as was said before)
* sine wave oscillator shape
* normal ADSR envelopes
* ability to automate more parameters (there are some that only seem to affect the sound by the shape env, e.g. the shaper max/min and automating them doesn't do anything)

Uhh... I think that's it for now.

Side note: this *is* a really cool synth, as is. Really dig the basses I got from it... and I had 73 instances so... nice work on the CPU front. :)

I was able to automate the min max sliders just fine z prime. What Daw were you using?

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I was able to automate the min max sliders just fine z prime. What Daw were you using?
Bitwig... I mean, I could automate them, but they didn't actually affect the sound of an active note.

z.prime wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:I was able to automate the min max sliders just fine z prime. What Daw were you using?
Bitwig... I mean, I could automate them, but they didn't actually affect the sound of an active note.
It might depend on the patch if how much the decay and release is active for the envelope to take affect. Also which settings the lfo is linked to maybe. The min/max was one parameter I used most for automation while playing with it. Seemed to effect the filtering quite a bit imo.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”