xfer Serum: Adventure Kid Waveforms

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum

I spent about an hour or so making the entire Adventure Kid waveform pack into a set of Serum Wavetables.
The wavetables are named/organized the same way the folders in the waveform pack were. Since each waveform is meant to be standalone, I didn't do any morphs/crossfades between them. For me, the easiest way to pick a wave is to load the wavetable, open it in editor and pick from there instead of having to fine-tune the WT Position knob.

Just unzip into C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Xfer\Serum Presets\Tables (or wherever that is for Mac users) and enjoy!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ynnbm ... re+Kid.zip
Original Single-Cycle Files: http://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/AKWF.zip
Last edited by AJYoung on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Wow, I've seen worse first posts :)

Thanks man, much appreciated!

AJYoung wrote:I spent about an hour or so making the entire Adventure Kid waveform pack into a set of Serum Wavetables.
The wavetables are named/organized the same way the folders in the waveform pack were. Since each waveform is meant to be standalone, I didn't do any morphs/crossfades between them. For me, the easiest way to pick a wave is to load the wavetable, open it in editor and pick from there instead of having to fine-tune the WT Position knob.

Just unzip into C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Xfer\Serum Presets\Tables (or wherever that is for Mac users) and enjoy!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ynnbm ... re+Kid.zip
These are too many waveforms in a wavetable. Serum can not clean interpolate and it jumps between the waveforms.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:These are too many waveforms in a wavetable. Serum can not clean interpolate and it jumps between the waveforms.
You'll have to explain a bit more. Yes, the waveforms can number 150+ in some tables, but none of them had over 256 individual waves, which is the limit for Serum.

The AK waveforms are very different from one to the next, and were never intended to be interpolated across the entire wavetable. For example, with any of the tables with 4 numbers as the title (00**), the first waveform has no relation to the next, nor does the 2nd relate to the third, etc.

If you like some of the individual waveforms in a table, you can select those and use Serum's Add/Remove in the the WT Editor to get rid of the rest. Then crossfade/spectral morph between the 2-3 you selected.

Hope this helps?

Good explanation, what Steve had said earlier. Thanks for you help on this. Care to share what exactly was needed to make them Serum compatible?

AJYoung wrote:If you like some of the individual waveforms in a table, you can select those and use Serum's Add/Remove in the the WT Editor to get rid of the rest. Then crossfade/spectral morph between the 2-3 you selected.
Forgive my ignorant question, I haven't had a chance to even try Serum yet, much less these waves with it, but how much easier is that process than just loading up individual waves from disk, rather than from these existing tables?

dwozzle wrote:Forgive my ignorant question, I haven't had a chance to even try Serum yet, much less these waves with it, but how much easier is that process than just loading up individual waves from disk, rather than from these existing tables?
No worries =) You should definitely try the Serum demo. Only feature limits are 20min at a time + no saving.

In essence, I guess this process isn't very different from loading individual waves. For me, I like the visual aspect of Serum and being able to see the shape of each waveform instead of searching through an obscurely numbered list ("AKWF_1045" etc.) If you know the numbers of the waveforms you want to use, then loading them from disk would certainly be faster and easier. However, the AK pack has 4000+ waves, and I find being able to visualize them all and pick from there is faster for my workflow.

jc_vt wrote:Good explanation, what Steve had said earlier. Thanks for you help on this. Care to share what exactly was needed to make them Serum compatible?
Serum itself! Gotta love the Import Multiple Files as Single-Cycle function :D

Can these waveforms be loaded in other wavetable capable synhts like, Corona or z3ta+

Thanks very much for these!

These are meant for Serum, but you could download the single cycle waveforms that were used in them from the Adventure Kid website http://www.adventurekid.se/ - unfortunately that seems to be down for me and has been for a few days.

Numanoid wrote:Can these waveforms be loaded in other wavetable capable synhts like, Corona or z3ta+
I don't know for sure, I don't own either of those synths. These tables are in .wav format, with each waveform stored one after the other. Serum uses metadata to determine how to morph between the waveforms (although, with the AK pack, that doesn't apply).

I doubt that Serum-specific wavetables such as these could be loaded into other synths. That might be more of a question for Steve. Otherwise, here is the link to the original files:
http://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/AKWF.zip

AJYoung wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Can these waveforms be loaded in other wavetable capable synhts like, Corona or z3ta+
I don't know for sure, I don't own either of those synths. These tables are in .wav format, with each waveform stored one after the other. Serum uses metadata to determine how to morph between the waveforms (although, with the AK pack, that doesn't apply).

I doubt that Serum-specific wavetables such as these could be loaded into other synths. That might be more of a question for Steve. Otherwise, here is the link to the original files:
http://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/AKWF.zip

You can use the z3ta+ 2 waveforms in Serum, and they appear as single cycle waveforms in Serum. So there is a chance you could use single waveforms in z3ta+ 2, but I doubt wavetables could be used in z3ta+ 2.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

cb8rwh wrote:Thanks very much for these!

These are meant for Serum, but you could download the single cycle waveforms that were used in them from the Adventure Kid website http://www.adventurekid.se/ - unfortunately that seems to be down for me and has been for a few days.
Thanks for the input =) I found the link to the original single cycles on the site, but you have to scroll WAY down in the comments to find it. I put the link at the top of this post. Hopefully it will help others.

Sorry for the down time, I was upgrading the website and the server... Can I add this as a download?

I am currently checking how to properly import wavetables into Waves Codex. Like Serum Codex loads them as WAV files and Codex could load WAV files with different bit-depths and sample rates.

While Codex seems to import almost any WAv files including the Serum wavetables i found that they are maybe not imported correctly.
After checking the WAv files of Serum and the factory wavetables of Codex i found that single waveforms in Serum have a length of 2048 samples while in the factory wavetables of Codex it is 512 samples (with 64 waveforms in one wavetable).
Codex seems to have a nice built-in interpolation so a smaller amount of waveforms in the wavetable is no real problem (playback "smoothness" adjustable with the "Resolution knob).
The wavetables that could be exported with the Audio Term tool include 33 waveforms so this is not a problem there.

I tried to import the wavetables of the OP after reducing the size/time to 25% (to get 512 samples for each wave) and so far the result looks quite good. A problem seems to be that those wavetables in the OP contain 100 waveforms so i'll also check cutting it at 64 waveforms (with Wavelab Elements 7) to see what happens.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”