New T-racks API Eqs !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you!

Seems like B is the more accurate one, since it boosts at 1.5 kHz indeed, whereas A seems to boost at around 1.8 kHz...

The bumb in the low end is also from the boost at 1.5 kHz??

B is the one at 1.8k and low bump is not from boost only.

DFoisie wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Can someone do the math for me here please ? How many gear credits do these cost and what would be the actual price taking into consideration the half price gear credit deal going on now.........thanks. :)
It's very simple. Gear credits can be purchased in the IK online sales page or within custom shop. If you choose to buy gear via credits, you will have to download custom shop and redeem your credits within custom shop to make gear related purchases. In terms of credits, the higher the gear pack, the better the single credit value is.
I've purchased and redeemed Gear Credits before and used them to add quite a few bits to Amplitube 3 etc so I was just asking about the numbers....
DFoisie wrote:Currently, you could buy the 500 credit pack for $150 USD, which will afford you to get all 3 EQs for 375credits (since each EQ is 125 credits) with 125 credits remaining for another product.
So the answer is with the half price sale I can get 150 credits for $60.00 which would allow me to purchase one unit......I've got $79 in Jam Points and I see that they can be used for 30% of this sale. Ok thanks.....at $60 or less I might be tempted to get the P60G............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Playing with the P60G demo.... Very very smooth. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Cant wait to try these.
The mastering EQ is great.

RobGee wrote:Agreed, compared the same settings using IK & Waves API yesterday on some drums and preferred the sound of the IK. That's without even using the preamp which sounds great to me.
Yep. My A/B-ing was done with the new Fairfax 2 in Addictive Drums and the IK's just pipped the Waves API's....just....then you can kick in the pre and it pulls slightly further ahead.

ftech wrote: I set up the Waves API EQ's as close to the IK as possible and, while they were very close to each other sonically, to my ears, the IK models seem to have a little more punch, as well as a certain smoothness, to them.
I also like the IK's pre-amp and the control to set input and output levels.

I prefer the sound of the IK models, but only just, and i could quite happily just stick with the Waves version, but as gear credits are half price just now......well, you know.
Thanks for your analysis. Smooth + punch = sounds good. :-) And yes...about the half off credits. I hear that!

Lee702 wrote:B is the one at 1.8k and low bump is not from boost only.
You wrote:
Curve on the left is B and right is A
So what do you mean with "left", then?

And where does the low bump come from?

Novalis wrote:
Lee702 wrote:B is the one at 1.8k and low bump is not from boost only.
You wrote:
Curve on the left is B and right is A
So what do you mean with "left", then?

And where does the low bump come from?
Sorry meant to say A was higher up at 1.8 not B. Not sure where the low freq boost comes from. I did not have preamp engaged.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I decided to go for the P60G in the end. I directly compared it to my Waves API with the same setting for drums and synth.

It's pretty close, but I prefer the IK version to be honest. Seem a touch brighter and imparts nicer character on the sound. That's not to say the Waves is bad of course, but just for my taste I'd take the IK's.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

blueman wrote:
Novalis wrote:If one has the 4-band EQ already, is it worth getting the 3-band EQ at all?

I mean what can you do with the 3-band, what you can't do with the 4-band?

At Waves, the 550A and 550B come bundled together, which makes sense.
Strage to sell these two plug-ins seperately... the only difference being one more band?
An obvious, but interesting, question. Is there really enough of a difference, sonically, between 550A and 550B, to require separate versions? In the case of Neve 1073 vs 1081, the answer is yes, the extra band is added to a completely different circuit; not so sure the same can be said for API :?
I see others have chimed in but I did run this by the PM and developers and they replied: "Between these two EQs there is more than simply an additional band between the two models. Even though the two circuit designs are based around the same op-amp, they are different in many spots; those can be minimal differences in sound but they add up, making for two distinct units. The same question could be asked to the original hardware manufacturer… what reason pushed them to do two different models of EQ with different bands? Also: frequency centers are different and the 50A features a bandpass filter that the 50B doesn’t sport."

Hope that helps too.

WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Regarding "low end bump" the Project Manager and devs had this to add/clarify:
Low end bump: Some folks have said that these plugins have a “flubby” bottom end. Since our model is dead on accurate we would not take out the slight “anomalies” that are so specific to the original HW models, like the output transformer's effect on frequency response: there is indeed a slight 2 dB bump in the 30Hz region and that, paired with the slight roll-off in the high end of the 550A module, makes for that increased bass response. We didn’t add anything that wasn’t already in there.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Regarding "low end bump" the Project Manager and devs had this to add/clarify:
Low end bump: Some folks have said that these plugins have a “flubby” bottom end. Since our model is dead on accurate we would not take out the slight “anomalies” that are so specific to the original HW models, like the output transformer's effect on frequency response: there is indeed a slight 2 dB bump in the 30Hz region and that, paired with the slight roll-off in the high end of the 550A module, makes for that increased bass response. We didn’t add anything that wasn’t already in there.
Alright, so trademark sound it is ;)

Return to “Effects”