Sound of the 80s

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Numanoid wrote:So now there is another Jupiter emu freeware synth :love:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p5881999
Thanks for bringing this to my attention :tu:
:tu: All is good

Yes, it is a great gift from Chris, and his two synths are superb products. But no, it's not at all related to any of the Roland Jupiter series. Sorry Numanoid...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Well, hope it at least can make some 80's sounding sounds :wink:

Numanoid wrote:Well, hope it at least can make some 80's sounding sounds :wink:
Yes, of course. It's a very good generalist synth... so necessarily it can recall some sounds of this decade. But it is not focused especially on the emulation (nor even on the reproduction) of specific synths of this decade.
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

....and for that special Sleng Teng sound you need the Casio MT-40:

It changed everything -- and it's just a damned preset pattern they used. :P

ras.s wrote:It changed everything -- and it's just a damned preset pattern they used. :P
Eddie Cochran was such a visionary 8)

Casio still makes synthesizers, but for some reason they are never talked about...

I'm not sure that Casio would agree to let someone make an emulation of one of their synth currently at their catalog...
:D

Talking about Casio vintage synths of the 80s, what I would like to find one day would be an emulation of the HT-3000. It is an underestimated part of the Casio history, totally eclipsed by their CZ series, excellent of course but which makes forget this wonderful HT-3000 with a very original type of synthesis which have been sold during 5 years starting at 1987. And the best would be an emulation of the HT-6000 which was a declination with 4 oscillators and all a range of 8 filters.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I meant stuff like that:
http://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/menu_xw/XW-P1
It's too new

I know it is current gear :) I was just saying that Casio is better than its reputation, that still make interesting stuff, which however is not overly appreciated. At least here in Europe Casio has the image of being cheap crap (maybe because of their digital watches, dunno), but that is not really true.

fluffy_little_something wrote:At least here in Europe Casio has the image of being cheap crap
So what should one do when that happens to a product?

Lesson from The Wire is to rebrand it.

If Casio had sold their high end synths under a different trade name, the gear might have been appreciated more.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I know it is current gear :) I was just saying that Casio is better than its reputation, that still make interesting stuff, which however is not overly appreciated. At least here in Europe Casio has the image of being cheap crap (maybe because of their digital watches, dunno), but that is not really true.
Yes I agree.
And if I except the Farfisa Syntorchestra bought in 1975 which was my very first keyboard (I was 15, we were five friends to share the invoice), my first non subtractive synths was a CZ-101 in 1986 (then I bought a 3000 later in second hand) and none of the Casio synths were crappy.

Return to “Instruments”