MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CableChannel wrote:Has anyone been able to put together a cool trance-ish supersaw as lead or as pad? I am trying but it doesn't seem to sound right.
CableChannel wrote:Here is a power pad example I made
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... erTest.mp3
Sound pretty good to me :o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Wow, this synth is very nice, like a sound laboratory!

And my CPU usage rarely go over 2%!

OK this will do as supersaw pad I think:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3347 ... rTest2.mp3

Thank you all guys, for positive comments, constructive criticism, audio samples (!!!), everything! :love: Now, to keep some order in the forum, please place all bug reports and other stuff in separate topics here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=138

Or even better, use info@meldaproduction.com . It seems that bugs are rare and are related to some specific setup, so it would need some "personalized" approach :), so the email would be best.
I'll try to respond to all what I can see here :D :

Presets: I like the presets actually, but CableChannel doesn't, so maybe not all of them are the best. Btw. CableChannel, could you get me some constructive criticism in a dedicated topics? Presets are very personal of course... Personally I really love the organs, these are just awesome. Then the pads are great, but the basses aren't as good as I'd like, but the trouble is actually the auto-loudness - the basses actually sound very good if you make them loud enough ;). The engine is made no to overload, while most synths try to make you thing "it sounds good" by making it loud, classic exploitation of the loudness effect...

Multithreading: personally I'm against it, as it will interfere the host's multithreading. The thing is, it cannot be tested well - if you use it on a dedicated project, you'll see potentially big improvement, but it's fake, because when the project is full, you'll do more damage than good as your threads would collide with the host's threads, so eventually you may cause glitches and the whole management will slow the processing down. In all cases multithreading will require more CPU than without it, so if we assume that one core can handle the synth itself with postprocessing, then it's always better to avoid multiprocessing.

Price & introductory period: The introductory period will be very long this time. Some of you complained on the final price, which is still negotiable. I personally think just the modular FX engine is worth more than that, but of course we need to "keep it real". So the plan for now is that this introductory price will stay until at least end of the october. Then it will be raised to some higher introductory price, probably 149 EUR, and again some time... at least that's my plan. Anyway I hope as many of you as possible will come with good presets, so we can make this the monster it deserves to be! And of course, those of you won't need to worry about the price :D.

Init saw patch: Check the "Waves" folder, there are some basic presets to start with.

Unison: CableChannel, could you send me some virus sample? I mean just "saw". I'll add the panorama to to-do list, but I'm not sure where to put it, it also doesn't really fit the engine, but that could be solved... Anyway I'm more thinking about some additional unison parameter, that would fix it all. Btw. the widening in the spread does NOT change the way the unison is generated, it is just M/S postprocessing. Technically the unison generates well decided pitch distribution for minimum comb filtering hence maximum stereo width, but maybe your virus has some better distribution. For that, could you contact me via email? Maybe we can get to some "ideal" unison algorithm ;).

Randomization: To modify the values just a little bit, hold Ctrl and click the main Random button, it will just change the values slightly. Not sure how well it works though. Changing some parameters "a little" may end up pretty different sounding.

Freeze delay: It already can be modulated, just checked, though I'm not sure how this will end up :D. Anyway I'd recommend also checking Rhythmizer and Feedback.

Discounts for existing customers: Generally it's up to negotigation of course, I love bargaining :D. If you own everything else, like MTotalBundle and MDrummer, then I'm pretty sure I can give you quite some discount. If you just bougth a 25 EUR plugin in a sale, well, that's a different case of course :D.

Automation: Everything can be automated except for the effects, of course, there can be "infinite" number of them. If you need to automate anything there, you can just attach a multiparameter to it and automate the multiparameter instead.

Volume drop to -30dB: Please let me know more information about it to info@meldaproduction.com. It definitely doesn't sound right. But note that if you randomize, from time to time the results are too silent, so the automatic gain adjustment refuses to work with it.

Slow server: Well, that happens when thousands of people start downloading it at the same time :D. It's just about 60MB, so hopefully it won't be that bad. Anyway if you'd get very slow speeds, like less then 200-300kB/s, please let me know and tell me your location.

"don't allow Keyboard focus" in FL11: Ugh, can you tell me more about it? You know, no expert in FL here, there are way to many hosts to be an expert in all of them :D.

Loud noise even with 1%: That sounds like a bug or some other setting that causes this, just checked and with 1% the noise is almost inaudible. As always, please start a topic or let me know via info@meldaproduction.com.

Modulating "Halve": It is quite possible you'd get to some zipper noise. I'd personally recommend upsampling instead of modulation protection, but eventually it's similar. In offline processing it's the same thing, but of course, you can increase the modulation protection (or upsampling).

And again, thank you all folks!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Discounts for existing customers: Generally it's up to negotigation of course, I love bargaining :D. If you own everything else, like MTotalBundle and MDrummer, then I'm pretty sure I can give you quite some discount. If you just bougth a 25 EUR plugin in a sale, well, that's a different case of course :D.
It's a very big space between having MTotalBundle and MDrummer or a 25EUR plugin in a sale. I for example have MCreativeBundle ,MFreeBundle and several other single Plugins..
"don't allow Keyboard focus" in FL11: Ugh, can you tell me more about it? You know, no expert in FL here, there are way to many hosts to be an expert in all of them :D.
Don't know what i can tell you. Download demo of FL and try out by yourself. In FL you can set "don't allow keyboard focus" for a single plugin instance to play the notes via the computer keys (especially needed when you try out quickly something on a notebook and don't have a midi-keyboard connected).
This function prevents the plugin from stealing keyboard input from other plugins when the interface is selected with the mouse.
Last edited by valerian_777 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

In all these cases please contact me directly via info@meldaproduction.com, after all I can just check the database for what you own ;). Anyway, presets presets presets! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm really enjoying this synth! Got 3 presets already made (still need to take care of the "4 multi parameter" deal on them).

My only complaint thus far is (as it is beta so i expected bugs) is the lack of free running unison (or so it appears). All the "instances" of my single cycle waveform seem to start at the same phase while using the unison in OSC1.

Other than that I'm having a blast!

Dakkra

EDIT:

https://soundcloud.com/dakkra/mpowersynth-demo/s-XWeND

Little demo - Note that the kick drum is not MPowerSynth (I wanted to but I haven't found a away to modulate an oscillators pitch with full frequency range as I'm only given 4 octaves from the semitones parameter)
Last edited by dakkra on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thank you Dakkra! Unison initial phase, interesting, I'll investigate and that could be one of the "miraculous" missing parameters ;)...
Vojtech

What I also noticed: mapping Midi stuff to modulators is stored as global synth configuration, is that right? So you can't store a Midi setup with a preset? That might be problem. Good presets map all sorts of stuff to velocity, modwheel, etc. But if every user has different settings in the midi setup, the presets won't work.

CableChannel wrote:What I also noticed: mapping Midi stuff to modulators is stored as global synth configuration, is that right? So you can't store a Midi setup with a preset? That might be problem. Good presets map all sorts of stuff to velocity, modwheel, etc. But if every user has different settings in the midi setup, the presets won't work.
No no, it is all stored in the presets, I just checked ;).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:
CableChannel wrote:What I also noticed: mapping Midi stuff to modulators is stored as global synth configuration, is that right? So you can't store a Midi setup with a preset? That might be problem. Good presets map all sorts of stuff to velocity, modwheel, etc. But if every user has different settings in the midi setup, the presets won't work.
No no, it is all stored in the presets, I just checked ;).
Ah ok, perfect :-)

Is anyone else experiencing high CPU load when no notes are on?

I tried setting Osc 1 to a square wave then mapping a simple sine LFO to half skew to make a PWM sound, which seems to work. I can see the wave shape change with the LFO. However with no note running at all the synth is chewing up about 10% of my CPU (and the VST load in Cubase 7.5). Just a couple of notes and I start to get crackles. No filter turned on, decent quad core CPU, 16Gb, RME Fireface 800, Win 7 64 bit. I tried setting the sample latency from 256 to 512 and 1024 but no dice.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Well I've tried it... Sounds nice. Went through all the presets... Tweaked around a bit.

Good quality synth... I can see that there's a lot of things that you can do with it.

Not mad about the GUI (but it's a Melda you love it or you don't), but it's pretty cool you can customize it. Nice touch! :)

Good news at the price drop to 149.00, the original price was highly optimistic imo.

Thumbs up!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

@Melda: here is another question: I tried to add a little crispy tube like distortion to a sound, but the saturation included with the filter was not crispy enough, so I added saturation as an effect and I was able to tune it nicely. The problem now: it responds to the input level, so when I play a whole bunch of loud notes it adds more distortion than when I play only a few quite notes. This behaviour is also cool and often desired, but in my case I want a per voice / per oscillator static distortion. Could that be achieved in any way? I guess it's difficult isn't it? Best way is probably to render the distortion into a sample and reimport that as an oscillator waveform?

@Dakkra: cool demo. I like the percussive metal like sound in the second half. How is that made?

MeldaProduction wrote:Loud noise even with 1%: That sounds like a bug or some other setting that causes this, just checked and with 1% the noise is almost inaudible.
Found the "bug". It was me. :D

Explanation: DistortionFX was enabled. ;)

Return to “Instruments”