Is omnisphere still king?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robmobius wrote:That said over the last few weeks I've been back at it, and it sounds better then most of the other soft synths around. It's really easy to tweak presets and even make your own. The filters and FX are class.
nothing is more Roland than Spectrasonics to me :) It's both cutting edge and nostalgia whenever I played with it and that's hard to replace.
Robmobius wrote:That and Diva... But I like Vacuum as well. :)
Spectrasonics and U-he synths are also my main vsts, plus Alchemy.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

It is for me.

Not even Roland is Roland to me anymore.
And to believe any tool is a 'king' is nothing more than a form of fetish worship.
Pretty much have decided to stay away from both companies until they release something new and worthy of checking out.
Right now, they both seem rather dated or just uninteresting.
And it is the company more than the tool that has made me skeptical of what they produce.

crystalmsc wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm thinking about selling mine. It's great, but I never use it compared to other stuff (element seems to float my boat the most)
It's surprising to hear it from you. I remember from Spectrasonics related threads that you own all three. May be hold up a bit, because it's probably getting closer. When they finally release an upgrade or any new product, I believe long time VIP users will get a benefit. Just got myself a Trilian to complete the lineup.
I'm just thinking out loud. Even with the transfer fee it would fetch a decent price and it's certainly not go-to. I have so many synths. I mostly play guitar though :lol:

BBFG# wrote:Not even Roland is Roland to me anymore.
And to believe any tool is a 'king' is nothing more than a form of fetish worship.
Pretty much have decided to stay away from both companies until they release something new and worthy of checking out.
And it is the company more than the tool that has made me skeptical of what they produce.
What is it about the companies that made you skeptical about what they produce?

Just curious. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:

An attitude quite often marked by indifference.

BBFG# wrote:
trimph1 wrote:

An attitude quite often marked by indifference.
Yeah, pretty much so with Spectrasonics but I might be a little more tolerant with u-he.

I have a lot of their instruments but I think I finished with them. :hihi:
Barry

hibidy wrote:If omnisphere is the king, then who'd be the queen?

(hint, most obvious answer EVER)
I thought that I posted this, but I must have forgotten to hit send. I've always thought Omni was more a queen than a king.

If 'Omni' was really omni, why would they need to have two more products to round it out?

And if it be 'king', then doesn't that make its customers, mere pawns?

oh, you wacky kids.
Are you never satisfied?

Omnisphere aint bad... for a Rompler :lol:

lionscub68 wrote:oh, you wacky kids.
Are you never satisfied?
NEVER!!!!!! :x :x
Barry

Robmobius wrote:I.........
That said over the last few weeks I've been back at it, and it sounds better then most of the other soft synths around. It's really easy to tweak presets and even make your own. The filters and FX are class. It does'nt have some of the newer options,.......

Bought Trillian recently. It's excellent as well, but it would have been cooler if it had some of the syntheses options omni has.

Maybe in an update! :)
hi, you do know you can 'put' trilian in omnisphere and be able to do all the synthesis options you want there right?

rsp
sound sculptist

pdxindy wrote:Omnisphere aint bad... for a Rompler :lol:
Yeah, it's better than a planet phatt but not quite as good as a kronos.

I think Omni ist still top notch, but It is about time to see something new from the Spectras.

Return to “Instruments”