DDMF is going to release THE STRIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TheStrip

Hmmm, I don't currently use a channel strip, this could save me some workflow hassle by having everything in one space. And I do like DDMF stuff

Does anybody have problems with gain knobs on the left on the EQ? To me it seems slightly counter-intuitive. Somehow I grab the right knob (which is frequency) and start tweaking only to realize that I should have grabbed left one. A minor problem, and even not really a problem, but I wonder if I am alone at this.

fese wrote:
EDIT: totally unrelated: there is actually a channel strip named "STRIP" by audiod3ck
also SKnote Strip which has been around longer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
fese wrote:
EDIT: totally unrelated: there is actually a channel strip named "STRIP" by audiod3ck
also SKnote Strip which has been around longer
Right, forgot about that. Well, I guess it is not easy for a dev to come up with a good name that is not already taken without falling back to non-descriptive fantasy names like "The Morgler" or "FloopR". A channel strip is a channel strip is a channel strip...

Does anyone but me miss a dedicated makeup gain knob for the compressor? I like to A /B, but using the output gain for compensation and then toggling the compressor section produces loudness differences. I can deactivate the whole plug, of course, but that affects the other modules, too.
Apart from that and the demo noise bursts (hate that in demos!), it seems nice, gotta check it again after my vacation...

As long as the ID's don't mess up the workflow in the host, I could care less how the plugin is called.

Getting a little bit sick of the comments "but this and that plugin is called this and that already". Happened in the ACE amp thread as well, only that the ID interfered with U-HE's ACE installation on Mac. Which was an easy fix from the developer side.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

How do you compare it to the eventide channelstrip?

After demo I was thinking about 2 things:

1. the compressor comes along with a nice and rich texture,
but quickly distorts, mainly when used with short attack and/or release.
I suppose some concept of preamp or distortion is involved ?
If so, I would love to see better control with a drive knob
or a better ratio of input drive and desired distortion.

2. I had issues to draw a line between expander and gate,
maybe an extra switch with corresponding settings would help ?
My presonal reference is the UAD Neve 88RS in this case.

As a side note ...
I was reading someone had high cpu usage which I couldn`t find to have confirmed,
but the demo has oversampling on by default and may cause an impression like this on some older cpus.

I found the overall cpu usage at the lowest stage possible even with oversampling
and all this at an overall top notch quality.
Good work and congrats.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Can I have a new unit please? This one looks a bit battered.

Gonna keep my eyes on this one!

The phase response with high pass filter turned off is behaving strangely as it can be seen here, it should stay at 0 degrees mostly, but here it is at -180.

It's easy if you know how

aMUSEd wrote:Can I have a new unit please? This one looks a bit battered.
One of the beta testers must have been a bit heavy-handed ;).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Compyfox wrote:I couldn't care less how the plugin is called.
FTFY.

:clown:

tried this. my impressions so far - compressor BADLY needs gain compensation or a makeup gain knob. it's practically unusable with anything but small amounts of gain reduction - the output gain knob is very limited. CPU hit is of no concern to me anyway, but it looks very low, so no complaints here. i like the versatility of the dynamics section, really quick to get me close to what i want. the GR meter is really annoying - it's trembling whenever the compressor is on, even when no gain reduction is happening. not really fond of the metering overall - can't pinpoint exactly what's wrong with it, but it feels kind of like an afterthought.

oversampled signal doesn't null with non-oversampled even when no processing is done and all sections are off. i tried with IK's linear phase EQ in oversampled mode and it did null, so i suspect this is a bug?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

some bugs/unintended features in version 1.0.0 have been fixed, namely

- slow GR meter response rate to peaks
- phase inversion in highpass filter
- GUI was not updated properly when reloading a preset or automating
parameters
Update! :D

And I agree with the make up gain, I just raise the output but not sure if that's ideal..

While there was in fact an update, the plugin is just as unusable as it was a week ago. Maybe if we're lucky next week this will work

Return to “Effects”