sylenth1 or spire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am thinking of buying a new plugin either between sylenth1 or spire, tried both of demos but I was wondering if sylenth even updates their software?

I have both but I have no boubt, win Sylenth1..!

Spire are very loud on CPU (also the last update)

Sylenth1's anniversary is in two days I think. There may be a sale, just saying.

Spire... Great sound great features and is getting better all the time.

Although, I was told that Sylenth is due for an update, at some point (as in it's in the works and progressing well) - but people here seem to think it may never happen. So, who knows.

I'd love to see a Sylenth 2 tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

thanks for the replys guys and also thanks for the heads up arkmabat. is sylenth cpu freindly?

Yep

Sure (i usually open 2 o 3 instances in a project without problems) and also have great class analog sounds (I use it for especially Rock Music!)

with just one instance of Spire i hear glitches, pops, clicks and the CPU meter that go crazy!

I don't have any of the CPU issues some have with Spire.. loading tons of instances of it in a single project..

That said, I chose both. They compliment each other.

arkmabat wrote:Sylenth1's anniversary is in two days I think. There may be a sale, just saying.
Does it normally have sales? It doesn't strike me as the type of synth that would just because of how inactive the developer seems...
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

One of the sales guys hinted at it, see here: www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367920

That is why im asking if the developer even does updates for sylenth because the website still looks the same...

VitaminD wrote:I don't have any of the CPU issues some have with Spire.. loading tons of instances of it in a single project..

What are your system specs?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I don't have any of the CPU issues some have with Spire.. loading tons of instances of it in a single project..

What are your system specs?
Yeah, I was wondering about that too... Spire crushes my CPU

This is easy - Sylenth1

Sylenth1. Because of Sylenth1 i sold my Access Virus C. I could come so close to the Virus sound, it was scary (in a good way). Also it is light on cpu compared to Spire and you have really a massive selection of soundbanks on the web. Spire is pretty interesting with it's frequent updates (sylenth1 updates? ....yawn...) and i like that "layered" seq-sounds. Some sounds are cpu crushing like "pd first sight hj". Play this pad polyphon and watch your cpu , goes up to 50% on a Intel quadcore. Similar pads on sylenth1 around 10% .

Return to “Instruments”