Homestudio live improv including iPad, Tupperware, Leap Motion, Induction coil, Reaktor,...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!
I wanted to share a small live improvisation in my homestudio using the iPad drumsynth Impaktor (with the help of pimped Tupperware), Ableton Push, the Reaktor patch Serenade controlled by a Leap Motion Sensor and an induction coil for recording some electromegnatic noise. Let me know what you think of it!

Tyler (Perplex On)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdOcS40nkAE

Youtube

This is very cool. I like the experimental stuff. And your editing of the video is great too. Nice video-shots!
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

The music alone was wonderful. The video was fantastic.

Great stuff :tu:

And all these years I've been using tupperware for taking my lunch to work :dog:

Maadfoo wrote:This is very cool. I like the experimental stuff. And your editing of the video is great too. Nice video-shots!
Thanks a lot for giving feedback! Very much appreciated!

seismic1 wrote:The music alone was wonderful. The video was fantastic.

Great stuff :tu:

And all these years I've been using tupperware for taking my lunch to work :dog:

Thank you so much! Really glad you like it!

Cool stuff !

Like the attention of detail regarding the synchronicity music:video.

Having in mind that the iPad was invented in 2010 the development
of audio apps is fascinating.
The touchability is what was missed all the years in making music.
Shoving around the mouse wasn´t really inspiring.

(( D ))

Video is very good, nice editing very nice live performance and i like the way how you are doing it.

It's just that music is terrible to me, it sound like a random nosies and kinda like a weird dishwasher being raped with two sticks. And it's not that i don't like your choice of sounds (i actually like that reaktor ensemble and weird string sound), whole composition seems like it totally lack any sense whatsoever. No musicality or spirit inside. Quite honestly i think i saw some Reaktor ensembles in user library which can do similar stuff just on pressing play..

You know it just feels like you are toying with sounds without any sense and you are doing it just because - you can - not because you wanted to create music peace - but that is nature if live perfomance itself - especially when doing these on latest devices - i guess

But that's just my opinion do not think i am bashing you and for the record i think you alone made far better live performance then some commercial or paid people. Keep up doing your stuff matte it is definitely interresting from many views..

kmonkey wrote:Video is very good, nice editing very nice live performance and i like the way how you are doing it.

It's just that music is terrible to me, it sound like a random nosies and kinda like a weird dishwasher being raped with two sticks. And it's not that i don't like your choice of sounds (i actually like that reaktor ensemble and weird string sound), whole composition seems like it totally lack any sense whatsoever. No musicality or spirit inside. Quite honestly i think i saw some Reaktor ensembles in user library which can do similar stuff just on pressing play..

You know it just feels like you are toying with sounds without any sense and you are doing it just because - you can - not because you wanted to create music peace - but that is nature if live perfomance itself - especially when doing these on latest devices - i guess

But that's just my opinion do not think i am bashing you and for the record i think you alone made far better live performance then some commercial or paid people. Keep up doing your stuff matte it is definitely interresting from many views..

Dear kmonkey,

thanks a lot for your detailed feedback! I'm really appreciating it you take your time to watch and commenting. On the one hand i'm totally with you, because i'm not too happy with the outcome in a muscial sense neither. It's getting quite a bit noisy and messy towards the end. And there's no absolutley thought-out composition going on neither, true! I would never think of publishing this piece as it is or even speaking of it as a completed "piece". (Like you said), it was just ment to play around with some toys and maybe showing some rather unusal controllers (like the leap or the self-built Tupperware) in practice. And yes, that's the thing with improvisations, you can't say what's coming out and to do it right you need many years of practice. I will try hard to improve my improv skills for future vids! Thanks again!

drumity wrote:Cool stuff !

Like the attention of detail regarding the synchronicity music:video.

Having in mind that the iPad was invented in 2010 the development
of audio apps is fascinating.
The touchability is what was missed all the years in making music.
Shoving around the mouse wasn´t really inspiring.

(( D ))
So true! Thanks a lot for your time and feedback!!

Return to “Music Cafe”