1176, LA2A, FC670 Help needed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oddly enough IK has the best 1176 and LA2A emus out right now.
The Fairchild is great as well, but I dont have a tremendous amount of experience with the other emus in that lane.

Never thought the day would come where I would be able to say IK was best at anything LOL
Last edited by jrides on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasariStudios wrote: it still says Strip 2 not 3
Thanks
It's not been released yet.

Up till the other day their was a note on the site stating he would be unavailable till 20th.
He can be slow at replying generally.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks Vari, after I wrote the post I realized its not released yet and yes I saw the message too.
Jrides, I like them too, the thing I did not like is they raise the Volume by 6514651546514651db.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Up till the other day their was a note on the site stating he would be unavailable till 20th.
Are his purchases automatic or if i order now i have to wait 3 weeks until someone replies?

Thanks

BasariStudios wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Up till the other day their was a note on the site stating he would be unavailable till 20th.
Are his purchases automatic or if i order now i have to wait 3 weeks until someone replies?

Thanks
Hes usually quick to provide download links but can take a few days sometimes.
Quinto is a great guy and will refund you if you dont like the plugins.
I got a refund once, no questions asked.

Ive got alot of his stuff and it is top notch, silly prices compared to the competitors

I don't own any of his plugs, i am amazed by the talks about his stuff and i also used few of them
quiet a lot at a friends studio...i wanna have few things like the STA, Strip and the RoundTone.

BasariStudios wrote:I don't own any of his plugs, i am amazed by the talks about his stuff and i also used few of them
quiet a lot at a friends studio...i wanna have few things like the STA, Strip and the RoundTone.
I would also recommend Q796, though it can get dirty in the wrong hands ;)
Grasso, Mattertone and C125a if youre just after dynamics processors.

They all have a hardware sound to them, I guess its the way he models stuff that makes the various components interact in a more electronic fashion.

As others have said UAD give consistent quality. I rate them over all other compressors.

That said... if I were starting over I'd go for something like Fab Filter C, Compassion or even the cheap Klanghelm and be done.

For electronic any of those would suffice. Get your sound sources and levels right and you need very little synth compression.

Spend time on ideas not compression.

But all my ideas need lots of compression!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:But all my ideas need lots of compression!
These are pretty drastic if you want extreme results

http://www.v-plugs.com/uranium_vst_effect
http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD021
http://www.audiodamage.com/downloads/pr ... pid=ADF002

antithesist wrote:But all my ideas need lots of compression!
If it doesn't make you seasick, you ain't doin it right :D

_leras wrote:Spend time on ideas not compression.
I think that was probably the smartest thing said here.

And if one's idea is to compress?

_leras wrote:That said... if I were starting over I'd go for something like Fab Filter C, Compassion or even the cheap Klanghelm and be done.

For electronic any of those would suffice. Get your sound sources and levels right and you need very little synth compression.
This. Very, very true.

It's true! Don't overthink it, make music! Unless of course you want pumpy seasick sidechain goodness..........then you need to pump it!!!!

Ok, sorry, I've had a nip........ :hihi:

Return to “Effects”